TTC #2 after Postpartum Depression

jen623

New Mom
Reaction score
Hi ladies!
My DH and I have recently started TTC our second child. We have a little boy Logan, who will be 16 months old this month. After his birth I went through a pretty rough go with postpartum depression. I am still in therapy and taking medication. Therapy has helped to give me the tools to cope with the anxiety and depression that came with my son's birth. I felt completely inadequate at being a mom and really thought I would just drown before therapy. I really wanted our children to be closer in age but just the thought of facing the emotional issues I faced after Logan gave me enough anxiety to keep putting it off. I am finally in a place where I feel capable of handling another pregnancy and child in our lives. Just looking for some ladies maybe on the same journey for some support!

Hi Jen! I'm in the same boat. We have been TTC #2 for a few months now, but it's taken me almost 4 years to get to where I even thought about wanting another baby. I had a very difficult time after DD was born, and have dealt with PPD and anxiety since her birth. I'll be honest, I'm TERRIFIED of going through ppd again, and the thought of being pregnant again gives me anxiety from time to time. I stopped taking my anxiety meds when we started TTC, but I've been reconsidering. Have you found therapy to be helpful in reducing your anxiety and ppd?

I'll keep an eye out for your posts and cheer you on. I know what it feels like, so I'm here if you need to vent!

Therapy has been a lifesaver. Our marriage suffered quite a bit and we have been doing joint counseling as well. I don't know where we would be without it. At this point I am planning on staying on antidepressants at least until I find out I'm pregnant then I will discuss it further with my doctor. I feel like I have learned a lot of tools that have helped me feel more prepared if faced with PPD again. Still it terrifies me. The anxiety is what scares me more, I never experienced that before I was pregnant.

Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind me posting on here. I have 3 boys and we are planning to TTC this month for a sibling close to our youngest as my other two are teenagers.
I had PPD after my second son who is now 13, i would get horrible panic attacks and hated leaving the home. I was slightly nervous after having my youngest but have been absolutely fine. Since the birth of my 2nd ds I have been working in mental health and I am now a Cbt/emdr therapist full time. I do feel this is why I have been ok. I no longer have anxiety and don't have panic attacks and the reason I don't is because I undestand it, I too went for therapy before my training and have not looked back, I would definitely say though as not sure what type of therapy you are having that if anxiety is still a problem make sure you are receiving a cbt approach as this will give you the tools to not be scared of your anxieties any more and see them for what they are x
Wishing you both lots of luck ️xxx

Apple ️xxx

While I'm scared of getting PPD again, my most immediate concern is experiencing anxiety. Like you, I didn't experience anxiety with my first pregnancy. But when we do get pregnant with #2, I'm worried I'll have issues with anxiety. My anxiety is random and I haven't nailed down what my triggers are. I've gone to counseling once, when I had PPD, but haven't since I've experienced my anxiety issues. I guess I should look into counseling again to help with anxiety, so I can hopefully have a med-free pregnancy.

Hi hon, I would recommend Cbt not counselling as very different x all the best x

Sorry :) yes it is cognitive behavioural therapy xx there are lots of self books with the basics but make sure if face to face that it's high intensity CBT and the therapist is an accredited Cbt therapist. You can check this online. There are a lot of people/ therapists that claim to do Cbt when in fact they are doing basic Cbt interventions and charging a fortune after doing a few week course.. Very annoying. I trained for a long time like any other accredited therapist. Sometimes you hear people putting Cbt down but most have not had proper Cbt , just thought important to make u aware xx God luck with bfp ️xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->