TTC #2 after Pre-eclampsia and tricky first birth.

KIALea

Reaction score
We have decided to try for baby no.2 now that dd is 2 years old. But its worrying myself and hubby more so whether i might get pre eclampsia again.

I developed it at around 32 weeks last pregnancy and i had to have an emergency csection at 32.5 weeks when my liver was starting to fail.

Dd has been fine although we faced the usual prem baby issues shes doing great now.

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat of worry?

Lea xx

Hi, I'm pretty much in exact same boat! Severe pre-e meaning emergency c-section at 33 weeks with my number 1. Was very poorly after birth as blood pressure would not come down as it should have. Was told that had a 1 in 4 chance of developing again but that I would be under consultant for subsequent pregnancies and also have to take preventative meds throughout pregnancy.

Good luck!

I will be TTC #2 in Sept after severe pre-e at 32.5 and failed induction and c-section at 33.5...scary but exciting!

it is a whirlwind of emotions, really excited to be trying for no2 and doing the whole tww thing again but anxious that i might get it again I was told 50/50 and that it could start as early as 18 weeks. the thing that worries me the most is that they put me on labetalol and upped and upped the dose but nothing seemed to work until it was at the point of no return.

I too was v poorly as lost a lot of blood and man does anaemia kick your ass!!

I think it doesnt help that people keep asking me if im put off having any more!

Good luck to you both, keep me updated if you get bfps and how it all goes, perhaps we can post back in here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->