TTC # 2 and having a weird month!!

Flybee

Reaction score
Hey - we have decided to start properly trying to number 2 now, my little boy is 21 months old and it is time to have a little sibling! :)

So this is our 1st month trying and I am having a weird one!

It took 13 months to have our boy so decided to test and keep track of things straight away this time....

1st off my period was a week late - which is weird as I have been quite regular..... 2nd off CD8 i noticed a load of EWCM so decided to test and got a peak!! Really unexpected but hey we had lots of BDing that weekend
CD9 had a high on test but then got low and didnt bother carrying on as thought just OV really early - my husband works away from home and it was Monday so no point in testing as cant do anything about it....

Thursday came so CD13 and had lots of ewcm again and ov pains which i always get quite strongly! so tested and peak again!!
CD14 peak again!!
CD15 = low but think probably false as may have been contaminated hehehe ;)
CD16 = peak again!! so bding again!!

Now on CD17 and high this morning and lots of ewcm today and bad cramps and ov pains, back ache and am just generally confused - when did I ovulate!?!?

if was CD8 then am on 9DPO or if was CD14/15 then 2/3DPO....

when to test!? I am thinking maybe leave until 4th May which is when i think af is due!!

has anyone else had random peaks like this? any chance ovulated twice?! all just very weird!!!

Baby Dust to everyone xxxx

maybe ur body tried to o but didn't, so tried again? I don't know what that does for opks, but I've heard women talk about it

gl x

Now on CD17 and high this morning and lots of ewcm today and bad cramps and ov pains, back ache and am just generally confused - when did I ovulate!?!?

if was CD8 then am on 9DPO or if was CD14/15 then 2/3DPO....

when to test!? I am thinking maybe leave until 4th May which is when i think af is due!!

has anyone else had random peaks like this? any chance ovulated twice?! all just very weird!!!

Baby Dust to everyone xxxx

There are a few reasons this could be happening. Several patches of ewcm may mean that ovualtion is being delayed, that you are having an anovulatory cycle, or that you are just seeing this fertile cm because of estrogen production.

The way to tell which is the reason is to monitor your temperatures. Do you temp?

First, if ovulation is delayed, you would be able to see a clear thermal shift after the actual ovulation date (most likely the last one). It would mean your body was gearing up to ovulate, got delayed, but did end up ovulating.

Second, if anovulatory, there wouldn't be a clear temp shift anywhere in the cycle. It would mean that your body is gearing up to ovulate, but then it didn't for some reason.

The third option is that you are just having fertile cm because estrogen is still being produced by the corpus luteum. You could assume this was true if you temped and saw a clear temp shift earlier in the cycle, which determined that ovulation happened earlier and then you still saw fertile cm.

It's good that you continued BDing because it's probably the last patch of fertile cm that will lead to ovulation. I would probably wait closer to when af is due to test just to avoid false negatives. I recommend temping if you do not already. It can tell you so much about your cycle. Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->