TTC#2 and SO EXCITED! join me

runnergrl

Mom to 2 boys and 1 angel
Reaction score
I keep seeing these threads about TTC #2, but I feel like I am crashing them too late, so I am starting my own! Not sure if we will get it this first time, but we will be trying as soon as I "O" this month, which for me could be anywhere between CD 16-21..:winkwink: My husband will be out of town for work on day 16-17, and he doesnt like to :sex: on weeknights..:haha: he's so beat down and tired from work, lol.. Also we will only be able to BD once or twice each cycle as he has a hernia and each time we do, it is really painful for him. If not this month, we will for sure get after it harder in July.

My little boy is almost 15 months old and its time to give him and brother or sister.. So excited.. Wish my husband was equally as so!

Lets do this girls!:happydance:

Hi There! Your little guy is so stinkin cute! Do you use opk's to track your cycle?? This is my first cycle using them and our 4th cycle ttc baby#2. I think I should be ov'ing in a day or two (I just got what I think is a +opk today).

Sending lots of baby dust your way!!!! :dust:

aww, thank you! yes absolutely will be using OPK's and been temping since CD1 this cycle. if nothing else, it will give me a better idea of when I ovulate for July if we dont catch it this time around.. Good luck catching that egg! keep me posted and :dust: to you as well!

We're currently TTC #2 and on cycle 5. Not feeling too optimistic this month. Got a +OPK on Sunday and Monday, followed by two days of negatives but then today I got another +. I have no idea what's going on. Totally kicking myself for not charting this cycle.

Good luck and lots of baby dust

Oooh can I join? AF has just affixed here but will be trying again next month.
I'm more excited for TTC #2 for some reason :)

I'll join! FF is saying I 'O'd a day earlier than I thought (I think it's wrong but meh):wacko:.
I'm 2-3dpo right now, so let's get this 2ww over with!

Yay! Welcome ladies! Holly I think you are the furthest ahead, so start us off with our first :bfp:!!

Good luck girls! Are we all using OPK's? Anyone else using the smiley face ones?

Yay, just wanted to say good luck girly! :happydance: I hope this is your month!

Can I join the party? Hubby and I are working on TTC #1 so if you guys want to keep this for #2's I understand, but seems like a lot of people are much further along in e process and we're just starting out so though it would be fun the chat with someone else just starting to try :)

Mamamac-of course you can join us! How exciting to be trying for your first!! I will be so excited to follow your progress! Best of luck to you! And welcome! What CD are you on and what are you doing to improve your chances?

Mamamac-of course you can join us! How exciting to be trying for your first!! I will be so excited to follow your progress! Best of luck to you! And welcome! What CD are you on and what are you doing to improve your chances?

Hi Runnergrl and thanks for the welcome! I'm on my first cycle of trying and on CD 17 today with no ovulation so far :growlmad:

I've started charting (as you can see in my signature) doing my temp each morning and checking my CM. my temp dropped noticeably on Monday and I was so excited because I see that happening just before ovulation on a lot of charts so I thought I was right on track but then never got the temp rise :nope: 2 days ago I started testing with OPKs and both days have been negative. I was on Nuvaring for a year and a half so I know that could be causing the lack of ovulation and may take a month or two...so hard to wait! I'm still holding out hope that I'll still ovulate late this month.

When I was younger (like 8 or 9 years ago) my period stopped for about 6 months. Doc gave me a pill that restarted it up and while it never went too long my periods were irregular and would sometimes skip a month so I'm worried my body may not be functioning great for conception. I'm overweight so I know that doesn't help. Right now I'm working on exercising more and eating more healthy to try and drop some lbs before next cycle. I know from past experience that dropping just a bit of weight can really help my cycles so hopefully if it's more than just the bc issue, losing some weight will help.

So if it's okay to ask, how come your hubby isnt as excited to start trying? That must be really hard. I've wanted to start trying for about 6 months but my hubby wasn't ready. It made me very frustrated and I worried he'd never really get on board with it. He was married previously and has 3 girls so I worried he wouldn't want more even though he new going into it that I wanted my own children. This last month though he's done a total 180 and is so excited forums to get pregnant. It's making all the difference! Unknown to me he was even reading my chart every morning after I left for work! Now I'm sharing all this cycle stuff with him I never thought he'd ever want to know haha. Anyway, it's been better than I ever hoped with him. Now we just need the :bfp:!!!

Mamamac- thanks for sharing. and good for you for temping so early on, that will really help with TTC...or so I found when we were trying for Brady. We tried for 9 months (no comdoms or BC) but the first month I did temping/charting with OPK's, we got pregnant. I dont necissarily expect it to happen this time, but starting out using these tools, I feel will give me a head start for sure. I hope to be pregnant within a few months at least.. I want my kids to be close in age.. 2 years has always been our plan.

My husband has been hesitant because of our financial situation. with his unstable income (commision based) and me working as a nanny, things can get a little crazy. I am doing all that I can to save as much money as possible so I can stay home with BOTH kids when our second is born. I wouldnt mind keeping a few other kids at our house as a sorce of income after the new baby is born. no more than 2 in addition to my 2 so I can be fair and give equal attention to all babies:) Who knows. Im getting way ahead of myself!

I'd love to join as well. I'm TTC for #2 as well. My son is now 6 and a half. I divorced from his father. Now I'm getting married Thursday and I get to finally try for #2. It's exciting. Lots of baby dust to everyone! Can't wait for the first BFP.

Juke- Welcome! congrats on your new marriage and getting to TTC for #2! Best of luck to you!!!

Thank you, runnergrl! I just noticed you have a son named Brady. Mine is named Brody. :D

MamaMac123- That's great your husband is so on board! I don't think I could get mine to be as interested as reading a chart. It does make all the difference to have that support.

Runnergirl, you're a nanny!? So am I! :winkwink: That's so cool! How many kids do you watch? Do you watch them in your home or do they come to your house? And do you get to watch your son also (I'd hope!). I nanny for a fabulous family. 2 little girls, 4 and 1 1/2. So cute and so fun! My hope is that they'll want to keep me on and let me bring the baby to work when the time comes. They don't know we're trying of course....just hoping they'll be supportive. The mom offered it up as an option for down the road when I started so hopefully they still feel that way! Totally hear you on the financial stuff. That was a big one for my husband as well.

Juke, congrats on the wedding coming up!!! :hugs: :happydance: That is so exciting! What fun news! And welcome to the thread! Baby dust to you!

Quick question for everyone....not that it matters just yet, but I saw the notice that we can't post :bfp: in here....does that mean as a new thread or even within threads like this one? When the time comes don't want to get in trouble lol

As far as I know, you shouldn't start a new thread announcing your BFP. I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing the good news in here :)

As far as I know, you shouldn't start a new thread announcing your BFP. I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing the good news in here :)

Thanks Marieb, good to know! I'm sure after getting to know each other in the thread we'll want to hear and share that good news when it arrives! :happydance:

Absolutely! I love hearing about others BFPs. It gives me hope that I'll get mine soon

Hi ladies! Is it too late to join??
We are also ttc #2! My DD is 9 months :) always wanted my kids very close in age! Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 months ago- we've been actively trying for a 1 cycle now. I don't temp or chart either- maybe I should really look into that! lol
I've also got some OPK tests & softcups coming in the mail- I'm really hoping they will work. I've heard rumors that with PCOS you could test positive all the time? Anywhoo lots and lots of baby dust to you all!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->