TTC #2 but a little scared.

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
Hello ladies...

I had a very traumatic labour with my daughter 10 months ago and after seeing a therapist I seem to be getting better with it. We would love another baby so have started trying again. It's just really scary to think about the labour part. Anyone else trying after a bad labour?? Xxx

I had a third degree tear, venthose and failed placenta delivery with massive blood loss with this lil guy he's 8months old. I know if I don't try now I won't try again.

The next time il go private, That will not be happening again.

I love my little guy he's the best guy in the world. I'd just love another one.

Ouch, that sounds awful! How long have you been trying, if you don't mind me asking?

I had a back to back baby, two failed epidurals, episiotomy for emergency forcep delivery (in the delivery suite not theatre) with only g&a which resulted in a 4th degree tear that needed more than 75 stitches. I still suffer bouts of faecal incontinence due to having my gallbladder out in feb so pass bile constantly.

My body has changed so much now, but it's worth it. I'm the same, if I don't have another soon then I know I wont be having any more children. Took me a long time to get to this place and it feels right. I'm just concerned I won't be allowed a c-section and will have to go through a traumatic delivery again. Xxx

I wonder that. Will they give a c section?? I'd stitches on my bum cheek.
But if you go private in Ireland with a previous complicated birth they induce at 39weeks.
Did you give birth without epidural???
They kept saying if it doesn't work were putting her under I genuinely don't know which is worse??? I'd rather a controlled induction like I was told in the first first place epi/pitocin. My friend got it but my bitch midwife decided I didn't need it and my heart failed twice.

Omg, that's terrible! Did you have a long stay in hospital afterward?

I was told after I had Isabella that I would need a c-section for any other babies due to the damage. I'm not sure if that will happen though. Yeah, it was sited twice but only gave me a tingle in my right leg. Did nothing for the contractions. I got local injected in to my lady bits but there was no time to wait for it to work. So gave birth via forcep practically pain relief free :-( makes me shudder to think of it. Xxx

i know exactly how you feel i went in for an induction at 12 days overdue, which failed miserable, no contractions, no dilation, no cervical changes at all, went down to theatre and they tried to place a spinal several times before deciding on a GA because the spinal wouldnt take, never been in theatre before and had a massive panic attack in the theatre, i was so scared that i said i didnt want my baby any more as it wasnt worth it (i didnt know the sex) and i had a horrible midwife who was crushing me trying to get me to lean forward and i couldnt because it was crushing baby and i couldnt breathe, she rather snottily said we would have to record that in her notes and the other midwives threw her out, cue struggling against the GA and taking over a minute to go under, still crying as petrified. son was born att 11.09 and i didnt wake up until about 6pm properly!! found out i had a 10lb baby and still had a forceps delivery through the incision as his head was large, (37cm) and the surgeon couldnt get him out! which also explained why he hadnt engaged! poor mite couldnt!

Goodness, what a horrible experience! Even worse not getting to hold your baby properly for hours. Are you trying for another? xxx

Wow, some scary stories here... isn't it amazing that we're TTCin again?! I had an infection which meant having a c-section, had a panic attack in theatre but gas and air made it better. The problems came after the operation. A week after having my stitches removed, the incision got infected and doctors had to slit a part of it open and squeeze out puss and clean out the wound on a daily basis for over 3 months (breastfed so couldn't take strong pain relief or antibiotics ). 10mo pp I started 'spitting' internal stitches that body had not been able to absorb - a massive bubble of puss forms on incision and stays until stitch comes out. After this ordeal I had planned to wait so that I have 2 years between births so that I could have a VBAC but had a dream in which I had a failed induction followed by an emergency c-section which made me decide to have an elective. So we're currently going for a 22 mo age gap. God knows when we'll conceive, of course!

Wow! Yeah it's mad after going through all we have but still want more. I would go through everything again because I love my daughter more than anything. It's just scary as hell lol. I didn't mean to have a negative scary thread, promise lol xxx

Hi, I'm TTC #2... I am scared as well. One day I wake up and I'll say.. No more.. And the next I say let's try for another! Deep down I know I want another child, really bad. Sometimes my fear gets ahold of me and makes me question it! I had a pretty bad pregnancy .. Real sick until middle of second trimester along.. Some scares with the baby (steroid shots for lungs two months before she was due), labor wasn't horrible I was induced at 37 weeks due to low water... But recovery for me was horrid. My heart rate dropped to 36bpm and my blood pressure sky rocketed about a week after birth and stayed that way for about 3 months. I was terrified to sleep at night fearing my heart would just stop all together?!? They said it was post partum preeclampsia and bradycardia? Still no real answers. My episiotomy took a solid year to heal, I had to get two d&c procedures about 6 months after birth due to extreme bleeding ...

But yet here I am. I just think that our stories make us that more amazing ;)

Helps to know we aren't alone in our fears! It's only normal. Positive vibes and baby dust to all!!! They say every pregnancy is different.

Good luck ladies :)

I think it helps to voice your fears sometimes, especially to someone who hasn't heard it all before. I too question whether I really want a second because I am petrified of the pregnancy and labour ( i am an emetophobic) being sick is not an easy task for me, i don't want to terrify my toddler!! x

Sorry to hear all your guys scary stories :(

Mine isn't as bad but still scary. I gave birth to a 10lb 1oz baby girl. Thank god my epidural worked and they did a cut so it healed pretty well. She had fluid in her lungs though and had to go to the nicu for 3 days. Sucked not having her with me. My recovery was really bad and at 3 weeks pp I had sever pph. Woke up in the middle of the night with blood gushing out of me and had to call an ambulance. Turns out they left some placenta in me. I could of got blood poisoning or bled to death. I had two d&c procedures that finally stopped the bleeding and cleaned me out. Now I'm kind of scared to do it again.

Mine isn't as bad but still scary. I gave birth to a 10lb 1oz baby girl. Thank god my epidural worked and they did a cut so it healed pretty well. She had fluid in her lungs though and had to go to the nicu for 3 days. Sucked not having her with me. My recovery was really bad and at 3 weeks pp I had sever pph. Woke up in the middle of the night with blood gushing out of me and had to call an ambulance. Turns out they left some placenta in me. I could of got blood poisoning or bled to death. I had two d&c procedures that finally stopped the bleeding and cleaned me out. Now I'm kind of scared to do it again.

What you mean not as bad?? That sounds awful. So sorry to read that, and everyone elses scary stories. I hope i havent upset anyone with this thread. Just needed to know if there were others in the same boat as me. Sorry again if thats bad.

I got told that if i had had a bigger baby then it would have been easier?! She was 6lb 11oz and apparently (?) the more weight behind them the easier it is. That doesnt appear to be true. Anyone want to be ttc buddies, can go through this together? xxxx

I think it helps to voice your fears sometimes, especially to someone who hasn't heard it all before. I too question whether I really want a second because I am petrified of the pregnancy and labour ( i am an emetophobic) being sick is not an easy task for me, i don't want to terrify my toddler!! x

sorry, didnt see your post til i scrolled all the way up. I couldnt imagine having that. I threw up every single day for 40 weeks. I knew i was pregnant before i got a positive test because of it. Did you have bad morning sickness or was it ok and youre just worries of it happening this time round? xxx

What you mean not as bad?? That sounds awful. So sorry to read that, and everyone elses scary stories. I hope i havent upset anyone with this thread. Just needed to know if there were others in the same boat as me. Sorry again if thats bad.

I got told that if i had had a bigger baby then it would have been easier?! She was 6lb 11oz and apparently (?) the more weight behind them the easier it is. That doesnt appear to be true. Anyone want to be ttc buddies, can go through this together? xxxx

Haha ya I guess it was pretty bad. Just the delivery was really easy which made me feel my experience wasn't as scary. I pushed for less than 20 min and the epidural left me pain free. So I'm not as scared about labour and delivery but more so recovery.

It is nice seeing that we aren't alone with our negative experiences and we all still want to do it again.

Did you just start trying now? This is my first cycle trying. What part of your cycle are you in? I am expecting AF on sunday or hopefully a BFP. This is our first cycle trying.

I had it from week 9 to week 19, and threw up almost everyday, i got better towards the end but i slept through those weeks, something I wont be able to do with a toddler, so I am slightly apprehensive! But I am sure I can do it, I just pray it isn't as bad

Haha ya I guess it was pretty bad. Just the delivery was really easy which made me feel my experience wasn't as scary. I pushed for less than 20 min and the epidural left me pain free. So I'm not as scared about labour and delivery but more so recovery.

It is nice seeing that we aren't alone with our negative experiences and we all still want to do it again.

Did you just start trying now? This is my first cycle trying. What part of your cycle are you in? I am expecting AF on sunday or hopefully a BFP. This is our first cycle trying.

Still a scary time for you. But youre right, its nice to speak with others who are just as apprehensive but still going for it. AF was due yesterday but hasnt shown. Did a test this morning and *think* i see something. What do you think? This is technically our first try, but i havent been on birth control since she was born (apart from a few days of the pill which caused a sever migraine) ive been quite poorly since she was born so we have had sex twice up until we started trying for bubba number 2.xxx

Attachments

• image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583