TTC #2- crib question

heaveneats

Emma's Mommy
Reaction score
Hi, girls, my name is Kait and HUbby and i are trying for baby number 2, currently in TWW now, but i have a 16 month ol, and if i got pregnant this cycle she would be 2 years old when baby is born. Question i have is in regard to cribs, she is still in hers now and hers turns into a toddler bed, did any of you switch your toddler to a real bed when your second or theird etc, was born? i'm wondering if i'll need to buy a whole new crib or if i can maybe switch her to a big girl room (one of our spare rooms that already has a bed).

what you you all suggest? i totally am jumping the gun here but this is just a what if

The things we think of in the 2ww! My DS was in a separate toddler bed when my DD was born so it wasn't a problem for us, but I know of two friends who put their older kids into a big bed to make room for the next little one. They just purchased a side that kind of clips in so their lo didn't fall out. The other thing to consider is buying one of those cute character beds that will last longer than the toddler phase (up until about 5, I think) and be low enough to the ground that your DD can get onto the bed on her own.

When are you testing? I'm only 8dpo and it's driving me insane.

The things we think of in the 2ww! My DS was in a separate toddler bed when my DD was born so it wasn't a problem for us, but I know of two friends who put their older kids into a big bed to make room for the next little one. They just purchased a side that kind of clips in so their lo didn't fall out. The other thing to consider is buying one of those cute character beds that will last longer than the toddler phase (up until about 5, I think) and be low enough to the ground that your DD can get onto the bed on her own.

When are you testing? I'm only 8dpo and it's driving me insane.

Hi Zub !

i'm going to wait until AF is late, this cycle i o'ed on CD 21 which is late for me so i know AF will be late, id don't have high hopes this cycle, not sure why, i just dont think it will happen. We did BD a bunch before O like CD 11-19 CD 21 (when i got pos OPK) and CD 22 (yesterday, OPK was still pos) today it was negative

phew TTC is difficult

i have moved my son into a proper bed he is 2 now and we have just started ttc for number 2 so he will be used to it by the time anything happens

Honestly, I didn't move my toddler to a bed until she was 3..she just wasn't ready. We had twins after her, so had to buy more cribs anyways lol. We bought gently used ones. I'm very happy with it. They are 2 and still in cribs, but all 3 of them share a room at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->