TTC #2: I thought I was pregant, but my body is giving mixed signals

puma1986

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum and still trying to become familiar with all of the abbreviations! I apologize in advance if I'm not as fluent as I should be :)

My husband and I have been trying to conceive since the 18th. With my first pregnancy, I knew without doubt that I was pregnant before I could even test positive, and, in addition to that, my son was an unplanned, and unexpected surprise. Recently I've been having all of the absolute signs of early pregnancy.

March 10th: AF began.

March 15th: AF ended.

March 18th (Friday) my husband and I began TTC.

March 19th: Saturday morning I woke up and bent over to tie my shoes and was hit with the extremely intense nauseated feeling that I had with my first pregnancy. Okay, that was weird. That evening we TTC again.

March 20th: Began experiencing a very weird cramping sensation in my uterine area. This sensation doesn't disappear throughout the entire day. It feels full - like a melon is sitting there. Husband and I TTC again that evening.

March 21st: The cramping and fullness sensation is even more prominent now. Its a strong but dull aching feeling, if that makes sense. Almost as though I'm going to start my period without the sharp pain. I decide to pick up some ovulation tests.
Not ovulating. Husband and I TTC again that night.

March 22nd: Still experiencing a very present full feeling and cramping. I'm also feeling gassy as well. Husband and I need a break from TTC Still not ovulating according to test.

March 23rd: Alright. Cramping and fullness has not gone away and I felt seriously nauseous for a few moments when waking up. Tried to eat some chocolat e covered pretzels and immediately had a gag reflex. Ate Spaghetti and spent the next 10 minutes throwing it up in the bathroom. Husband and I plan to TTC tonight. Still not ovulating.

----I stopped taking notes here, because I was becoming a bit obsessive.

On March 25th I felt an extreme pain, but only briefly, in the right side of my uterus. It very much seemed like implantation. My uterus continued cramping on and off.

March 26th - Still dealing with nausea and occasional cramping. I tried taking a pregnancy test today. I realize that even if we conceived and I had ovulated early in the cycle, it still wouldn't be positive.

But then.... this afternoon, I wiped after going to the bathroom and there was very thick discharge. Just that once. I freaked out and told my husband. "GET UPSTAIRS NOW! WE HAVE TO HAVE SEX NOW. NOW. NOW. NOW. You could imagine his confusion when we both thought I was already pregnant.

I was reading though, that sometimes that discharge is actually from implantation. There was no blood, but that the blood only happens 1/3 of the time.

So now I'm confused. We did the deed just in case, but I'm also kind of bummed because I thought I'd have a BFP in the next few days.

What do you guys think? Any similar stories? Thanks ladies!:happydance::thumbup::flower:

How long is your cycle usually? Could the discharge have been leftover :spermy: from previous bd sessions?

My cycle normally runs about 29 days. Having said that, however, I've never used OPK's until this month. I have no way to know for sure when I would normally ovulate or not, which I think is making this even more difficult.

If you were to go off of the traditional "14 days after your begin your period" then ovulating today would actually make quite a bit of sense.

The confusing part though, is that I only experienced 1 wipe of the discharge. It hasn't been continual and I've been experiencing absolute pregnancy cramps.

I don't think that it could be little leftover swimmers! :) It looked much different.
Which is why I'm wondering if it could have been discharge from implantation? Then again, I don't even know what non-bloody discharge from implantation would look like.

OH! And another thing. My husband walked down the stairs and I could smell the soap on his hands from where he had just washed them in the bathroom when he was almost 6 feet away. And the smell of our dog makes me want to hurl! LOL

I hate waiting! LOL This is the absolutely worst. My Husband keeps calling me a spazz because I'm constantly reading and watching positive result youtube videos.

I typically get a surge of ewcm on O day. Its not every time I wipe, just the once. From what you've written, it sounds like you are likely O'ing today and can start testing in a week - 10 days. The cramping can also be related to ovulation.

Trying can really warp with your brain and things you think are pregnancy symtoms are really just normal cycle symptoms. I hope in a couple weeks you get your BFP!

Dang!

Certainly not what I was hoping to hear, but does make me feel a little bit less crazy! :) I hope we do too! And thank you for your kind words. It is absolutely insane how much more aware of our bodies we become while paying attention! =)

It sounds like ovukation would be taking place around now- it would be near on impossible to be pregnant on only cd 16.
Good luck!

It sounds like ovukation would be taking place around now- it would be near on impossible to be pregnant on only cd 16.
Good luck!

I agree, sounds like strong ovulation symptoms to me. Get :sex: now!!! :haha:

Bwahahaha.

You guys are seriously the best! We did earlier and I told him that we had to try again tonight and he flat out told me "no!". He said that he has nothing left to give and that I've demanded too much for over a week, teehee.

But we didn't last night!!! So I'm hoping the magic from the night before and the little bit of magic that happened today is enough! Fingers crossed. <3

Thanks ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->