TTC #2 May/June '15 come and wait with me!

L

LilMiss_91

So I couldn't find a thread already started for May/June and I'm not 100% sure on the date, I think May/June is a safe estimate but it may be a bit sooner as all that is holding us back right now is waiting to be able to move into OH's mums house (we'll be renting, not living with her!:haha: ).

I'll probably use this thread as a way to document everything, things I'm doing to get ready etc.

So at the minute, I'm not doing much but I am making sure I take Iron and Vitamin C everyday as I was anaemic when I gave birth to my son plus lost a fair amount of blood which left me feeling very out of it, barely able to walk or even sit up so I didn't really get to enjoy those first few hours with my son. I want to try and prevent that from happening this time :).
I've also started taking a standard multivitamin which I'll probably upgrade to one designed for women TTC a bit nearer the time.
Apart from that there's not much to be said! If anyone wants to jump aboard then feel free :)

We're aiming for mid-May right now! This will also be our second. :)

Good luck with the move! Are you excited to set up in your own place together?

Aw both our LO's will be about the same ages too :) do you only plan fpr 1 more or are you hoping for more after the 2nd?

Yeah we are, it's a bit daunting as I've never lived away from home before but it's nice that it will be somewhere that's familoar so hopefully won't take too much adjustment! There's a great Montessori nursery just 5mins walk away from where we'll be living too so we're hoping for DS to go there when he's 3 :).

We originally agreed on two, but now we're going to take it baby by baby. :haha: The only thing holding me back from several would be the need to buy a bigger car. What about you?

Having your own place is amaaaazing! Are you still going to be close enough to visit often? And yay for having a nursery so close! :)

Yeah the bigger car might be an issue... needing a bigger house would worry me more though! We will have a 3 bed though, 2 doubles and a single so we could technically have 3 in that house. I would like 4, always have done, but I have a feeling I might want to carry on aftef that! Not sure how the OH would feel about that :haha: we'll probably take it baby by baby too. You never know, our 2nd might be a nightmare and put me off from having ANY more children EVER again!

Yeah we'll only be a short bus journey or 10min drive away so we'll be able to pop over regularly which is important to me as OH is out the house from 7-5 5 days a week.

Have you been making any preparations yet? I've been looking into double pushchairs but honestly think I'll stick with a single and wear the baby. I can barely "drive" a normal pushchair, I dread to think of the damage I could cause with a double!!

Will you be NTNP/TTC or a little bit of both?

Yeah, if I could clone DD's personality and sleep habits for the rest of our babies I'd probably end up with a brood for sure. :haha: You can always have them share rooms, at least while they're little, and that'll give you time to save up for a bigger house. :) We live in the military provided housing, so we get a bedroom for each child, but I think they only go up to 4 bedroom houses, so 3 would be our limit unless we moved off post.

That's good! Sounds like it would even be a nice walk on a beautiful day out, depending on the route. It's great that your OH's mother's house is so close to your parents! Small world :)

I've been more focused on me than physical objects, although I did go through DD's old clothes/etc and donated what I didn't want to keep for the next. Gotta have more space to buy more clothes! :haha: I'm not a fan of strollers (and DD won't sit in on now that she can walk anyway), so I'll probably babywear as well. Some of the double ones look interesting, but like you said the singles are dangerous enough! I wore DD until she outgrew the front carrier we had, and loved it. Every time I see my ticker I panic a little though, because time is flying by!

We had luck with NTNP last time, and all the temping/schedule made it seem like a chore to me. I have an app on my phone where I keep track of my cycles/weight, and if I notice cm I'll note it. But I'd rather just jump my husband when I feel like it, and see how that goes. :) Are you going to be TTC or NTNP?

Edit: Jut noticed you have the same name as my sister! :)

Well... everything seems to keep changing for us at the minute! We have actually decided to start NTNP... now! As we won't be announcing the pregnancy until the 8-10wk mark, even if I were to conceive this month I wouldn't be 8wks until nearly the end of May. We should definitely be moved in by mid-June so it should work quite nicely. Also it's very unlikely we'll conceive first cycle anyway!!

So... (can't believe I'm about to type this... eek) I'm going to head over to the NTNP forum. I feel so nervous and excited! You never know, I may still be there when you move over! Hope everything goes well for you Kitteh :flower: best of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->