• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC #2 post Merina removal!

boonies86

Reaction score
Morning everyone! Been a while since I've been on here! (5years intact)
Anyway I had my mirena coil taken out yesterday! We have decided to TTC #2! My daughter is 5! We were a little concerned we had left it to late, any (age gap) reassurance would be greatly appreciated :winkwink:
Anyway my question is anyone have experience of TTC after coil, we were advised to wait a month before TTC, just wondering how important this is??
Thanks in advance
Jo

We have a 4.5 year gap between our boys, and I absolutely LOVE it. : )

I had Mirena removed in July 2013 to TTC #2. My doctor advised me to wait a cycle, but she said it was only to see where I was in my cycle, because I had not had a period for several years while on Mirena. I fell pregnant on cycle #4 of TTC, but sadly we lost it at 5 weeks. I fell pregnant almost immediately (within 2 cycles) after miscarrying, and he is now almost 9 months old. : )

Good luck!! FXd you have a wonderfully easy TTC journey, and that you love the age gap!

My dd is 6 and we are also ttc #2. I has my iud removed in 2013 and am now on Cycle 5 ttc. It took awhile for my cycles to return to "normal". I'm also worried about the age gap, but dd can't wait for a sibling.

I got mine out June 30th. Luckily for me I had a "period" around June 1st. So I think that I got it removed towards the end of my cycle. I had a few days of something that resembled a period and it stopped on Saturday. I have no idea if I will even O this month but I am keeping track of my CM. I am not using any OPK or anything this month but next month I am starting with my Clear Blue Fertility monitor. My sticks didnt get here in enough time to start this month. Hopefully it does not take me long either. Last time we TTC it only took 2 months to get pregnant.

Hi ladies, I've just had my mirena removed today and am so excited too start TTC! My little girl is 3 however I split from her dad (my ex-DH) when she was 7 months old and met my new man 18 months ago and we are trying for our first together. I'm 39 (40 in December) and my OH is 35 (my toyboy:happydance:) were giving ourselves until Xmas 2016 too TTC and if no luck then we're just happy and blessed with what children we have (my OH has 2 dd's 5 & 14) :thumbup:

I have had my regular AF since having coil fitted so was told by nurse today that it's possible I've still ovulated every month so my cycle should continue as it has been, I think we're gona use pull out method until I've had 2 cycles then go for it, but if it happens in the meantime then so be it :happydance:

Good luck ladies and baby dust too you all :hugs::hugs::hugs:

I say bd now if you don't mind guessing a bit on the dating. Many women have a very quick boost in fertility right after coming off birth control followed by a couple of months of declined fertility (but the decline is nominal). Your chance of getting pregnant right now is really good!

I had the mirena removed December 2014 to start trying for #2. Three cycles and I got pregnant (first month using opks and SME)
I miscarried (March) at 7 weeks and had a d&c at 10 weeks(April). This is my first month TTC since.

I have a 41/2 year old and got my Mirena out on April 2.

I just finished AF of cycle 3 since removal and am really hoping this is the month for us.

I am also a little worried about the age gap and DS is really wanting a sibling!! He keeps asking and it makes me want it even more.

I was told to wait a month, also, because your lining may not be thick enough to support a viable pregnancy. Especially if you had the IUD in for a while (mine was in for all 41/2 years since my son was born).

My cycles have started to even out (about 30-32 days) and I am able to track them a little better now, so I am really hoping that we catch that egg!!

What cycle day are you? I am cd 5. I would love to be your buddy.

:dust:

Well I have a bit more of a gap. DD is 9 and DS is 6... Just had Mirena out last month and have been bding ever since. I have been temping, but no O yet. Hoping I see a change in temp the next couple of days.

I ordered OPK for next month, but as ItsAWonder said... the first month can be the most fertile. My doc didnt suggest waiting. Said he hoped to see me next month... LOL

So I am hoping. If I dont O this month wont be the end of the world.

Im just happy to be TTCing again and DH surely likes all the :sex:

My daughters are 5 years apart and the age gap is nice.

I had my Mirena removed (for my 2nd) in July and my midwife recommended we wait 3 months to start TTC (just so I could start my prenatals). Once we started TTC, it only took 2 months. Oh, and after my Mirena was out, I had my first period within a couple days and my cycles returned to normal pretty quick.

Ugh.... DH had a long day, sleeping on the couch and I can't seem to wake him for dtd!!! What man does that? Lol

I had my mirena out last month and a very odd cycle afterwards! I'm TTC no 2 and my DD is almost 15 so I have a massive age gap :dohh:

Think I've just o'd :happydance:

I had my mirena out last month and a very odd cycle afterwards! I'm TTC no 2 and my DD is almost 15 so I have a massive age gap :dohh:

That is a huge age gap.. But good for you!! I hope we all get our :bfp: this month!!

That's great! Hey free babysitting lol.

Good point smile!

I was only 18 when I had DD so still relatively young and DD is quite happy at the prospect of a sibling :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"