TTC #2 while breastfeeding help.

bbymc

Reaction score
Hi,
We are ttc #2 and I am still bf'ing my 13 month old son. I have had regular 28-31 day cycles since my son was about 8 months old. For some reason I missed my last period ( lots of negative hpts) so I don't know where I am in my cycle right now. If I ignore this blip, and go with a 31day cycle, I am on 8dpo ( and got a neg hpt yesterday.

I have no idea whether I'm in with a chance of getting pregnant this month but if anyone has any ideas how I can help get things back to normal or increase my chances of a BFP while bf'ing, that would've great.

I'm feeling so disheartened after missing this last period. :-(

Any responses much appreciated.

I'm sorry I have no answers as to how to get your cycle back on track but I didn't want to read and run.

I hope you get your Bfp this cycle but if you don't why not consider using opks so you know when you ovulate since your cycle is not regular.

Good luck:flower:

That's so strange that your period was regular again and then your cycle suddenly got thrown off by a missed period. My son is 18 months and I'm still bf'ing him...my period has been regular since he was about 10 months and I've gotten my period right on schedule each following month.

If I was in your shoes I would download one of those fertility tracking apps and buy a whole bunch of cheap ovulation tests on amazon....they come in 50 and 100 packs! I'd just take a ovulation test every morning until I figured out exactly when I was ovulating. Maybe for some reason your son was bf'ing more than usual and so you didn't ovulate?

It may be off topic but do you know whether or not it's o.k. to continue breastfeeding while TTC? That's the info I was looking for when I stumbled upon your question... My son is old enough that I could start weening him off but I love bf'ing and bonding with him...I usually only bf twice a day...when he first wakes up and before bedtime. I'd like to continue for a little bit longer...but only if it's ok to do so when TTC or when pregnant...

Hi I'm also ttc2 while breastfeeding.
Come over to this thread if you like :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/n...tfeeding-baby-not-preventing-another-353.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->