TTC #2 while breastfeeding

SarahA

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Anyone have advice for TTC while breastfeeding? AF came back when DS was 11 months, and I've had 4 longish (for me) cycles of about 34-35 days (give or take). I'm ovulating somewhere around CD 24-25, with an LP of 10ish days (which is normal for me). I'm still BFing 3-4 times a day.

Before baby, my cycles were about 27-28 days, OV on day 17-18, and 10-day LP.

I know everyone is different, so what works for one might not work for another, but does anyone have any advice?

I don't have advice but am in a breastfeeding support group with Tons of women who have become pregnant whilst breastfeeding. It can definitely be done :)

I'm currently ttc no. 2 while bf no. 1 :) He's 1yo and still feeds a lot. AF came back at 6mo and is pretty regular. We are on cycle 3 and I'm getting a bit disheartened but it helps to hear of others having success :) We conceived ds 1st month trying so this is frustrating for me.

I tried taking temps to pinpoint o but they are quite erratic due to night feedings. I'm pretty sure I'm o'ing though with ewcm and cramping. I'm taking b6 as well as prenatals and we try to bd every other day over fertile period. Oh we have also started using preseed.

I conceived my second while breastfeeding my first, and I'm TTC my IRD while breastfeeding my second still. Totally do able. If you have a cycle and are ovulating, it's all go. :)

I conceived my second while breastfeeding my first, and I'm TTC my IRD while breastfeeding my second still. Totally do able. If you have a cycle and are ovulating, it's all go. :)
Hi there, how often were you bf your 1st when you conceived your 2nd? And were you feeding at night? My LO loves the boob all day and all night lol but I really want another!

I can't remember exactly, but he was definitely feeding lots, and yes definitely fed all night long too as we bed shared! He was two though. I caught the first egg and never had an AF at all. I vividly recall him feeding lots at night because he suddenly stopped feeding all night when I was 12 weeks along and it was aaaaaammaaazing. Lol. He weaned gradually throughout the rest of the pregnancy and somewhere between 20 and 30 weeks along I realised he hadn't fed in ages and was weaned.

My youngest still feeds 3-6 times a night.

That's pretty amazing you caught the first egg! And reassuring you got pregnant even though he was feeding heaps day and night. I feel like my 1yo still feeds like a newborn and feeds a lot at night too due to bedsharing. But I feel like I'm ovulating and having regular periods so fingers crossed!

No advice, but I am right here with you.

I concieved July of 2015 It took quite some time. Allister was born April 19th 2016. So I'm nursing an 8 month old.
My two older children have eachother, So we decided that our youngest is going to need a sibling.
I got my period back some time ago. It has always been regular. Every 28 days almost exactly. Although it never came this month. Im currently CD32. Of course when we decide that its time to try things start to go wonky.

Allister still nurses A LOT! lol

Anyway just wanted to say Im in the same position and sending you lots of baby dust.

What tracking are you doing? Breastfeeding can affect your cycle of course, but if you have a regular cycle and ovulate well with a decent luteal phase then you will be fine. :)

Thanks for all the replies, ladies! I'm pretty discouraged because my last LP was only 6 or 7 days, not the 10 days that I expected :( So that's definitely not going to cut it...

No, but it is really really common when getting AF back inside the first year, to have a short LP or something, so you can try taking something to help it or wait it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->