Ttc 2 yrs :(

ms sunshine

Reaction score
I just dnt.know what to think whether to.give up. Spent the day reading about diet for fertility. I eat far too much rubbish and i put 11lb on over christmas and i lost about 16lb and was down a normal bmi last year now my.bmi is overweight again. Not the end of the world but the 2 cycles i have been over weight i have had a short lp. I suppose.its related. I just feel.im.putting so.much effort in and.got 3 cps for it. I have had bloods done my lh is slightly high not high enough to be a worry. Was supposed to.be getting bloods done tomorrow to.confirm o and af has arrived early so another short lp.not sure if to put it down to the weight or whether to just give up. Just feel its never going to happen. Im not normally full of self pitty but just makes me think im not working properly. Cant talk to.hubby as it stresses him ot he says it puts pressure on him. Just not sure what to do 2 years is a long time.

Being 20 lbs or less overweight I doubt would mess with you lp unless you have a very small frame and 20lbs is like 20% of your body mass.
What have you tried to lengthen your LP? What are you considering a short LP? An 11 day LP is short but not terrible. Anything over 10 is considered ok. Its just over 12 is considered optimal.
I know it can be very frustrating. Have you tried increasing selenium in your diet and maybe trying aspirin or pineapple in your 2ww to aid implantation?

@ms sunshine: I hope you get it all figures out. I know what you mean about your hubby getting stressed out. We have been TTC for over a year! Hubby hates when I talk about it, because he gets so stressed out and feels like it is more of a "job." It's a lot of pressure. I have gone to 3 different OBGYN's and finally found one who took me seriously. I did blood work and ultrasound. Found out, I have PCOS, and do NOT ovulate. Keep your head up - sending positive vibes your way. :)

@Cppeace: Your angora is sooooo cute!!!

I have just got a zita west book about what to eat to help so going to try increasing different fryt like pineapple didnt know selenium helped. I take prenatals so i know i cant take other vits as i did have bloods and they didnt mention i was low on anything (i am going to ask to make sure) i do eat a lot of fruit and veg just a hell of a lot of sugar and in general take aways nov and dec and they were the months i struggled with. I dec i had a 7 day lp. Yesterday i had a lot of brown discharge wore a pad but had nothing else rest of the day today hardly anything with a bit of pink so i dont know if to class it as spotting yesterday or not. I was wearing brown underwear so i can only go from what was on tissue whih was brown could have been red but no idea. If it was 1st dày of af then it was a 9 day lp. My lh level is slightly high which can indicate pcos and i was told prev i had an hornonal imbalance. From temps i do seem to o. When i was a high protein diet it seemed to be a bit better but my lp is sometimes 9 but usually its 10. Depresses the hell out of me.

Hubby keeps saying there has to be a cut off period from trying really breaks my heart. I know i have 1 child but i just dont know if i would be happy without 1 more.

Will give asprin and pineaple a go and look up selenium. I wonder if i do have pcos and thats why he cycles i eat bad i have a short lp as i have read it effects. Dunno just wish there was a crystal ball to tell me its not going to happen.

I lost only 10 lbs and got pregnant..it was 21 months of trying and 2 loses..Im not 11 weeks 3 days and this is the furthest ive got since we started trying for #2. Sometimes your body just needs that extra help. Have you spoken to your doctor, after 2 years they should be willing to look into things more.. I had a SIS, 2 weeks later is when I got pregnant. Good luck..Hang onto hope!!

Thanks x i have a doc appointment booked in for the 4th feb so hoping to get some answers.

After the initial brown cm.yesterday morning not had any yesterday and a teeny tiny bit his morning with a speck of pink and nothing all day

Hope you pregnancy goes well may55 you must be having ur scan soon?

PS you don't want to do both aspirin and pineapple. One or the other, they are both blood thinners so both can do too much.

Viva, I wish that was my Angora- I have 3 but they are not show quality like that one is :)

ohh thanks for saying i was going to do both lol do they both work straight away i know with some foods it takes months?

They generally start working within a day or two. So, pretty right away for aiding implantation and bringing extra blood supply to the uterus.

Hiya!

Best of luck @ your appointment. I've been TTC#1 for a year now & was diagnosed with PCOS in Nov (I'd been begging for a Rx for YEARS). I know how frustrating it is when you don't even know what's up with your own body and all the charting, temping, OPKs, and even keeping track of cycles doesn't seem to apply. I guess I can't say I have a lot of advice as I've had zero pregnancies (lol) but I can say that in my case I try not to be so hard on myself. I know that being in good physical health increases your odds, but also there's other things that could be going on with your body that are unrelated to what you eat/how much you weight...I guess what I'm trying to say is don't blame yourself or your body for any of this! The female reproductive system is much more complicated than they set it out to be and I'm sure in time you will have answers.

I have just got a zita west book about what to eat to help so going to try increasing different fryt like pineapple didnt know selenium helped. I take prenatals so i know i cant take other vits as i did have bloods and they didnt mention i was low on anything (i am going to ask to make sure) i do eat a lot of fruit and veg just a hell of a lot of sugar and in general take aways nov and dec and they were the months i struggled with. I dec i had a 7 day lp. Yesterday i had a lot of brown discharge wore a pad but had nothing else rest of the day today hardly anything with a bit of pink so i dont know if to class it as spotting yesterday or not. I was wearing brown underwear so i can only go from what was on tissue whih was brown could have been red but no idea. If it was 1st dày of af then it was a 9 day lp. My lh level is slightly high which can indicate pcos and i was told prev i had an hornonal imbalance. From temps i do seem to o. When i was a high protein diet it seemed to be a bit better but my lp is sometimes 9 but usually its 10. Depresses the hell out of me.

Hubby keeps saying there has to be a cut off period from trying really breaks my heart. I know i have 1 child but i just dont know if i would be happy without 1 more.

Will give asprin and pineaple a go and look up selenium. I wonder if i do have pcos and thats why he cycles i eat bad i have a short lp as i have read it effects. Dunno just wish there was a crystal ball to tell me its not going to happen.

Even if you don't have PCOS give the PCOS diet a shot, it really helps with hormone imbalances and you will feel great after a couple of weeks. Another helpful intervention is acupuncture, my health insurance paid for acupuncture but there are also many low cost community acupuncture clinics out there. Why does DH feel there needs to be a cut off from trying? If he is feeling a lot of pressure right now then perhaps a break is in order, if you take a break you can focus on getting your cycles and health on track. Also what is he doing to help, has he had a SA? There are tons of supplements that help men's sperm health (maca, vitamin c, zinc, vitamin e), is he willing to take supplements?

I am so sorry you are going through this! :hugs:

Thanks pjmm its just crazy first time round it took a yr and 3 months so i was expecting similar. I got pg in 4 months but it was a cp. I normally just pick myself up but just feel its me thats broken.

Hi 2 ducks. Hubby is 43 and is panicing as he doesnt want 2 have a newborn at 45 he said thats his wind down years. Im 37 so theres an age gap. Bit unfair we always said we would have 2. Hes ok he has a son from a prev relationship. Also he hates to talk about ttc he finds it so much pressure i have to hide my opks and not let.him know at all when im oing as he says its unnatutal. He takes all the supplements for men and i smuggle various seeds and stuff into his food he has no idea its for ttc lol. So we cant really have a break since i might only have a yr and a bit of ttc. Sort of.did after.my.first cp my heart wasnt in it.

Not sure what to think today af should have started. 2 days ago large amount of brown cm thought it was begining of af it really was a lot then nothing next morning little bit when i wiped. Today nothing cm is clear. Has that happened to anyone else and af areived usually i spot then within 24hrs af. Probably ask in tww part too. I tested 2 days ago got bfn. Thought if inwas pg it would show something. Unless i got a funky 1 day period but pretty sure there was no red bits. Dunno my body is crazy lol

I got pregnant three times during/after a Whole30. I got pregnant with my first after being on a general low-carb diet. The Whole30 is low in carbs, too, but it isn't a low carb diet - it's a lot stricter, though. I would look into it. I am going to say again that I got pregnant THREE times, and I wasn't using Whole30 to get pregnant... It's just a coincidence that I noticed after the second time. I'm not PROMISING anything, but it is worth a shot, and even if you don't get pregnant, you will lose weight if you need to, and you will be extremely healthy by the time it's done.

Thanks the whole 30 sounds interesting just had a quick read something i will look into further. I have put on 11lb and if i lost that i woulf be back to a normal bmi and if i lost a little.more would be even happier

Thanks the whole 30 sounds interesting just had a quick read something i will look into further. I have put on 11lb and if i lost that i woulf be back to a normal bmi and if i lost a little.more would be even happier

You will lose weight on it. I usually lose 15 lbs with it. More importantly, it heals your gut and balances your hormones so your whole body functions better, especially your reproductive system. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"