ttc #2

gwinnyblac

Reaction score
Hi, I am Gwinny! I am 46 years old. this is going to be my introduction post.
i am on my second ivf attempt, first one was a major failure. we are obliged to go internationally due to a ban in our own country, we live in Germany for your information.
and we went to Czech, had not so pleasant experience over there and now we are looking at other countries for our treatment.
this is all not that important. just sharing with all of you!
this is a pleasure to become a part of this community, as even though I have friends sometimes they seem quite bored when I start talking about all of the procedures I will be undergoing and all of the issues I am experiencing with finding the clinics, but they were really entertained when i was explaining to them my "holidays" in Prague.
PS my husband has no issues in this department, it is only me, my eggs quality is low and amh level is about 0,3.
good luck to everyone who's trying right now or is going to try. and lots of love

Hello Gwinny! rading your post made me recall my first ivf tries, i was also 46 and my first and second att were in Prague but then we had to change a country and a clinic because of age limits. you know how hard to find a clinic when you're 48? gosh..i had to learn so many info that i had headaches. finally i get to Ukraine and fortune was on my side so i got pregnant from the very first de ivf att there.
btw, what about your holidays in prague? haha

Ukraine? I think that it is not too far away from Czech..
Oh no, I was joking, my Prague experience was awful.. we were lost, we couldn't find our hotel when we first came to Czech, taxi drivers didn’t speak English and we had to pull pout our phones and like try and translate what we want to say from English into their language, it was so stressful especially when you are there for fertility treatment. but we decided not to pay attention to it, but in the clinic it became even worse. the staff there wasn't that kind, we were told that the prices we were expecting to pay changed for a bit and that we will be paying not only for medicines but for appts too..

haha well i see, you know we had exactly the same experience. the only bright side about all these was that prague is very beautiful, me favourite city to be honest, so it was kind of adventure for me, unfortunately not for my hubby haha.
Ukraine is not that far, you're right, it's more to the east. Nice country, lots of places of interest, kind people, but the weather could surprise but depends on when you're there of course. anyways we didn't have any problems there, coz we were met at the airport, our clinic gave us spacious apartment, provided meals and 'clinic-hotel' transfer and you know what...for free :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->