• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC#3 after Depo

Gemma_xX

TTC#3
Reaction score
Heyy :flower:

First time back in a LOONG while!! We have decided to try for baby #3 after being on the depo for over a year, anybody else in the same boat??

So, a little about me.. I have a 5yr old daughter and a 2.5yr old daughter. My youngest was a very difficult baby. She never slept, even after being born she didn't sleep for 25hours :wacko: she was all me, if she wasn't on me she would literally scream her head off, that went on until about 2 when I started working 2 days a week and she went to a childminder. Doctors were no help, when it was bad she would wake every 20mins crying for me. It took a couple of months but through the haze of sleeplessness I realised she just wanted me. So I'd pop her in bed with me... I can't sleep when the kiddies are in the bed!! haha. I hit an all time low with depression and spent the last year rebuilding myself.

I had the last depo jab in January 2016, I started the depo in October 2014, stopped it because I was bleeding every 10 weeks. Due the next one in April but didn't go and had zero bleeding!! AF returned October, accompanied by ovulation pain which I have always felt since AF began! Usual 7 days for me and again the beginning of October.
Our sex life is great anyway but consciously made an effort to wait around a little longer before getting up for the loo :blush::haha: around ovulation time! I had increased temp, increased discharge, tender during sex and crampy tum.
AF is due 2nd December, will be testing 3rd if she is a no show!!

I've found this past week I've been exhausted yet having real difficulty going to sleep and staying asleep (never have that issue other than when pregnant).
-Vivid dreams
-Skin has lost all it's colour
-Tender nips (never have that issue other than when pregnant)
-Urinating more and it smells very sweet
-Bloated and gassy :blush:

It took us almost 3yrs to conceive with my youngest and that was sheer luck! We were going through a very rough patch and DTD once that month!!
I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed. My husband is terribly broody!!

Thanks for reading :coffee::thumbup:

Hi! Im in a simular situations. I had twins after stoping depo the first time round. I conceived then after 5 months of stoping depo. We are now trying for number 3. I was due to get my next injection at the end of march 2016. Its took until this month (nov)where i had my first sign of af returning although i was only spotting for a day. its a start i supose.
Gool luck, got my fingers crossed for a positive for you!

Hi! Im in a simular situations. I had twins after stoping depo the first time round. I conceived then after 5 months of stoping depo. We are now trying for number 3. I was due to get my next injection at the end of march 2016. Its took until this month (nov)where i had my first sign of af returning although i was only spotting for a day. its a start i supose.
Gool luck, got my fingers crossed for a positive for you!

Wow, good luck!! It sounds like the depo is wearing off finally!!
I would bleed every 10weeks whilst on the depo, it'd be heavy for 5 days then spotting for another 5. It was a nightmare!! That's fab that you conceived so quickly the first time around x

Gemma i never had a period while on depo. They stop after the first shot and this time round i was in it just over 2 years. I loved it tho, having no periods. I was just hoping it was going to wear off quickly like the first time.

Have you any sign yet of af? Or symptoms that could be pregnancy related? X

Gemma i never had a period while on depo. They stop after the first shot and this time round i was in it just over 2 years. I loved it tho, having no periods. I was just hoping it was going to wear off quickly like the first time.

Have you any sign yet of af? Or symptoms that could be pregnancy related? X

That's what drew me to the depo, the pill wasn't agreeing with me and I preferred the idea of no periods. They ran tests to see why I kept bleeding as I bled so long after having my second but I soon realised that it was every 10 weeks, I'd get cramps too so I had to have the jab every 10 weeks instead of 12! Imagine my amazement when I stop the jab and the periods stop haha, it was a lovely 10 months!!

No sign yet, due tomorrow but other than cramps I don't really get any other symptoms!
Today I'm feeling pretty pants. I woke in the night starving hungry which isn't like me at all. For the past year I have been going to the gym and I do fasted workouts so I'm used to not eating until around lunch time. I kept heaving before I managed to fall asleep. Same again this morning! Heaving but starving hungry, literally had to force myself to eat some toast though. So strange. My head is aching too (probably the heaving) and my nose smells funny!!
Roll on tomorrow :dohh: see if AF arrives and if not then test first thing Saturday!!

How are you getting on?

Ooo did you end up testing on saturday?
Well ive had another small bleed this month which lasted 2 days. It was still more like spotting but i did go 25 days since the last spotting so things are starting to happen. Fingers crossed i ovulate this month.
My app says i should ovulate (if i do) around the 14th December so we will see whst happens

AF arrived 2 days late...:shrug:

I had a chat with the nurse on the phone because of my symptoms and asked if it had anything to do with the depo after a few things I'd read online. She confirmed that unfortunately the depo can cause pregnancy like symptoms due to the influx of your hormones again or something... I'm really hoping I don't have this monthly because not only is it awful when AF arrives despite your body having you convinced you're pregnant but it also made me so tired that I pretty much didn't do a single thing for a week!

The silver lining, I guess, (because I like to keep positive) is that at least I won't be vomitting whilst cooking Christmas Dinner for 10 people!!

I also feel I should change the title as my husband and I have decided we won't 'TTC' so to speak but more NTNP. If it happens it happens kind of thing!

How are hyou ladies doing?

So sorry af arrive.
Its still a waiting game at the min for me. Hoping to ovulate this month so i will be symptom spotting for any sign of ovulation. Nothing up to now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"