ttc #3 and actually having to try- getting depressed.

Jemplus

Reaction score
Hi I'm 32 and ttc baby #3. Had my first while on the pill at 21, my second I fell pregnant 2 weeks after IUD removal at age 24. I had the first because I was pregnant and the second because it was a good gap. Now I really want to be a Mum and I can't seem to make it happen.

I feel like I missed out the first 2 times cos I was at uni and not ready to be a mum. Now I feel like it's all I really want. Just one more, one I can enjoy and cherish and it's been 6 months with no result.

My cycles are all over the place after 6 years on Merena IUD. And have gone from my 'normal' pre- IUD 29 days down to 23, now 25 days. WTF? With working and my hubby working and 2 kids it is hard to have sex every other day. But how can I hit the fertile window when it is changing all the time?

I feel frustrated and depressed. I didn't have to try before, I just got pregnant and that was it. I know I should be grateful for what I have but I'm struggling with that. I want this so badly. Am I just too old?

Any ideas or tricks would be really appreciated.

Cant really help, but understand where you are coming from. I got pregnant with DD when I was on the pill, she was completely unplanned. She is 18 months now, and im just starting to TTC baby number 2, but Ive been on the implant since I gave birth so not sure if my cycles are going to be a bit all over the place. When youve got pregnant so quickly prior to TTC its a bit disheartening if it doesnt happen straight away. Think OH thinks it will happen really quickly because of last time, but Im not so sure.

Have you tried charting your cycles? x

Don't feel down. I was told it could take up to a year to conceive after having the Mirena. I had the Mirena. I got it out in November and my cycle is really messed up too. We haven't been preventing in any way and I haven't gotten pregnant yet either. I'm waiting until this coming nov. to ask my dr about it if I still haven't gotten pregnant yet. I hope this helps you.

ps. I'll be 24 next month.

I know exactly how you feel I'm pretty much in the same position as you fell pregnant with DS only a few months after coming off the pill so easily, then fell with dd when DS was 9months old I was on the pill and didn't want another so soon due to traumatic first birth but we got over our concerns so it turned out to be happy news and now dd is 18 months we'd like number 3.

So far it's been 4/5 months, my cycles are all up the wall we've been bedding at the right time temps look promising and I still end up with a bfn at the end of the month, I haven been charting and if nothing happens ill start using opks but this time round Deffo does seem harder :(

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/246197//thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

You know, you might reach out to a Dr. because those are awfully short cycles and you could have a shortened luteal phase which could affect your ability to get pregnant and I think it's sort of a simple thing for a Dr to fix. I've been hearing more and more about women who have one or two babies just fine and then later on acquire short luteal phases that they never had before. It's worth a looksee!

Thanks all, nice to not be alone in this.
My husband thinks it's great that it's taking forever because he's getting a lot of sex. But that annoys me and then I don't want to have sex.
I was thinking of going back to my doctor but thought I was being silly. I'll book an appointment and see what she says. Thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->