TTC 3 weeks after MC

Mommy11.11

Reaction score
I suffered a MC on 11.11.18. I was suppose to be 10 weeks but they stated the baby was at most the size of 7 weeks. My Beta levels were at 7700 the day of the MC and a week later I was at 59. This past Wednesday I was down to 9. I really want to try again, but I am a teacher and there are only certain times of the year I can ttc. My DH and I decided to try this week because this should be the time I ovulate. Today I took a pregnancy test to see if my levels dropped and at first it seemed negative but after 5 minutes it had a very slight line to say pregnant. My guess is that my levels are not back to normal. I took an ovulation test and it came back positive right away. Is there a possibility I could get pregnant? Has anyone had success getting pregnant so soon after a MC. Also I go for bloodwork this Thursday. If my beta levels go up is there a chance that could be due to pregnancy?

I don't know! I've heard mixed stories from people and their doctors. Some say it has to be below 5 or at 0 to successfully conceive etc, But some people ovulate even if there is still some hcg in their system so I would guess there could be a possibility?! I would guess that the only way your hcg level would go up is if you are pregnant - otherwise theoretically they should keep dropping. Not sure if this is helpful or not. lol Good luck tho! And very sorry for your loss - so many of us are in that same boat. :hugs:

From what my previous RE told me, even with a beta below 10 you can ovulate. The issue becomes making sure there isn't anything left in your uterus from the previous cycle. Did you pass the baby or have a D&C?

From what my previous RE told me, even with a beta below 10 you can ovulate. The issue becomes making sure there isn't anything left in your uterus from the previous cycle. Did you pass the baby or have a D&C?

I passed the baby naturally. I stopped bleeding last Thursday. I got my bloodwork back today from yesterday and it is now at 3.03. I kept keeping track with my ovulation tests and on Saturday the positive was so positive that it took from the control line, on Sunday it was still positive but not as strong on a line. By Tuesday the line was faint and as of today there is no line at all. We had done the BD on Friday Saturday Sunday. I should have my first cycle next week, but oddly as of Tuesday I noticed I started to leak colstrum when I squeeze my nipple (TMI...sorry) That was happening when I was pregnant and stopped the day I miscarried and didnt start up again. I read that can be a sign of ovulation, so fingers cross!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->