• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC #4 after MC

Kazy

Reaction score
Hi ladies. In search of some buddies to walk this journey together. I have three beautiful children and my husband and I have been trying for #4 since October 2013. I had a MMC in June this year and will start trying here again soon. Anyone want to be buddies??

Hi Kazy. I will join you on your journey! You already know my story but for others just joining us here...(Don't mind providing details if any one wants to know more-just ask!). We have 2 beautiful girls and an adorable little boy. We would love to add one more to our family, but also suffered a mmc in June. We will be ttc soon.

Hi again. :) what day of your cycle are you on again? I am CD 6. I am currently temping jut to see if my body goes back to normal. Then if I'm not pregnant this month I'll stop. I am trying to de-stress as much as possible!

Well Kazy I am all messed up. AF July 22. So that was cd 1 BUT that day was light then cd 2 was very heavy (for me) then cd 3 spotty then cd4 nothing. That would have been July 25 (Friday). Nothing sat then Sunday mild cramps then a gush of bright red blood that evening. Nothing Monday during the day (cd 7) now have been spotting dark brownish red since Monday night. I have no idea what is going on. It came the day it would based on pre pregnancy. My cycle has always been 28 days. So when it came only 22 days after d&c I was so happy-right on schedule. I was terrified that it would take 4-6 weeks-or longer based on others stories-so when I had the typical symptoms in the days before I was relieved. Esp whe it arrived. Now I don't know what to think. Maybe I should temp? But never did it before. DH thought maybe we should get an ovulation kit (just one from Walmart for now) but we don't even know if we will have problems ttc. I am scared to go thru this again, but like you said...when I think of holding my own little one, it is all I need to continue on and ttc. Just kind of confused on what my body is doing.

Ya. I think it's normal for our bodies to take time to adjust. My dr. Said up to 3 months of weird or "off" cycles is normal! I started to temp a few weeks after my miscarriage and I was so frustrated because my temps were all over the place. I wish I hadn't done it. It was needless worry. Now my temps are back to normal but who is to say what will happen after I O. If my chart last month was right my LP was only 8 days which is way to short to keep a baby. So I'm hoping that was just my hormones getting back to normal. I also read that OPKs can be off after miscarriage. I know SERIOUSLY! Can we have some normalcy please?! Lol. Not sure where you live but we have dollar stores here that have OPks and that's the cheapest (unless you order online). But it sounds like you seem to get pregnant rather quickly. So you probably have nothing to worry about.

Normal? What is that?? LOL. I would love "normal"...still spotting today. TMI, but its not so much on the liner I am now always wearing, but when I wipe its brown. Being I never temped before and I always took for granted getting pregnant (and staying pregnant), I am almost embarrassed to admit that I am clueless when it comes to our cycle phases. I just know roughly when I O'd and I knew on the 28th day, AF would arrive. So this is all new to me. And I feel discouraged lately. Even though we haven't ttc yet. But I stress about it. I also read that temps and OPKs are off after a mc and that it could take a few months. I agree! Some normalcy?? Please! Yes we do have dollar stores here. Maybe I will run later today for some. When do you start to test on those? I live in PA. We are neighbors :)

You probably will conceive right away once you are ready. It may just take sne time for cycles to return to what you are used to. Man... Waiting is the hardest part. I actually don't know much about OPKs or temping. I did two months or so of temping earlier this year just to confirm that I was I. Fact ovulating. My dr. Suggested OPKs because they tell you before you O and temping tells you after. I think they suggest OPKs starting at CD10. And they are more complicated than pregnancy tests because the darkness or the lines have to be considered. I didn't like them because I tend to over analyze everything. I would be asking my husband if the test line was darker and then get mad when he said no lol. So I only tried that one month. So I really know nothing.
I think my AF has stopped and am hoping for no spotting this month. If I don't it would be the first time in a year! I'm trying to be patient and gear up for waiting some more if I have to. I'm mostly hoping to be pregnant by my original due date.

Waiting is really difficult. I also overanalyze. So I will probably be the same way if I would use an OPK lol. Today would be CD10 for me. So not sure if I want to bother. Curiosity tells me to even though I know we won't be ttc this month (and just to see what it tells me). I don't know...I just don't. I just think its too early. I am terrified. We are thinking that we will probably really try come October. Dr said we can as soon as i get my period which was here. But...

So you spot usually between AFs every month?

I was spotting between periods every month since going off the pill October 2013. Finally in March if had an ultrasound and she said there was a cyst that had just ruptured and said that was probably why there was spotting. Then end of April I found out I was pregnant. Had spotting right at 4wk and thought I wasn't pregnant. Then stopped but came back around 7 weeks. That's when I had ultrasound and said it was MMC. Before we started TTC this time I have had picture perfect pregnancies and no issues with spotting during my cycles.
Did you have your HCG checked after your miscarriage? I know I bled for so long because mine wasn't going down.

Me too. Prior to this, I had no problems at all. I went off bc a few months before our 2nd dd, conceived her just fine, no problems during pregnancy (except normal ms). Never went back on bc and that was in 2004 when we conceived her (birthday is July 2005). So we actually just used the "rhythm method" until we conceived our baby boy in sept 2010. Then again same thing except with this pregnancy we had our surprise. We weren't trying but we weren't necessarily not trying, it just happened. So we were like there is the answer to our should we add a 4th blessing to our family. Then we had the mmc. So like you never spotted at all in the past. And to answer your question, no I never had them checked. But I did take a pregnancy test two weeks after and I was testing only 1-2 weeks pregnant. Figured I would test again at 3 weeks, but then started bleeding so I didn't test because I thought well AF came like it should have. Only it wasn't my normal period. It stopped after 3 days, then nothing, then I started spotting again on what would be CD 6. And now have been spotting since. And today is CD 11. My dr says not to worry because it is normal to not be normal after a D&C. And she thinks because I didn't spot for 10 days, then got my "AF" when it would have normally come, then my body is regulating. I just don't know why I got it then it sort of went away, then started again. Its frustrating isn't it?

Oh and I would be in my "fertility window" starting tomorrow based on old cycle, but since I am spotting I assume not?? I am just eager to ttc (even though we weren't technically going to ttc until Oct).

It could be that your body still had some tissue to pass. I had regular blood work done from the week I found out I had a MMC until my hcg was down three weeks later. Actually like 3 1/2. I started at 12,000, 1.5 weeks later down to 40, 7 or 8 days after that down to 8, then one week later finally below 5. I had spotting unt a few days before my last blood work. I even had a few days in between with nothing and then it would start back up again. So it's actually a good thing that your body is doing that (even though it does to seem like it). I bet next cycle will be totly normal.

And I would also bet you'll get pregnant quickly as you did before. Miscarriage is almost never a hindrance to future fertility/pregnancies. Unfortunately it's a common thing that some of is have to face. It doesn't make the loss any less horrible but at least that fact maybe should help us not be so afraid of the future. I read somewhere that 80% of women who have a miscarriage go on to to have healthy pregnancies and never have another miscarriage again. And since we have already had 3 healthy pregnancies I am praying we fall into that category. :)

I talked to a friend of mine last. She had a mc in May and her sister had a mc in jan. Both second pregnancies. She said her first AF after was mostly normal but her sister who had a d&c was very similar to mine. So between you and her i feel better! Thank you :hugs:

I also read that about healthy pregnancies after a mc. Gives us hope!

I'd also like to be pregnant by our original due date. You were due in January as well?

(I'm wondering if we are the ONLY ones ttc #4 after a mc??)

I was due Jan. 5th. Ideally it would be awesome if I could be like 13+ weeks by then. That would mean me pregnant around October. That's what im really hoping for. But I am also trying to not get my hopes up because you just never know. And I know stress plays a big role in conceiving.

We may be the only ones TTC #4. Maybe someone will join us later.:) who knows.

I am thinking I will ovulate sometime between 8th-13th and hoping my charting tells me when. I really don't like to test earlier than two weeks after ovulating if possible. I know that some people do 9 days past ovulation but i'm thinking ill try and keep the emotional ups and down to a minimum. lol.....we will see if I have self control around then!

I was due Jan 26th. I would love to conceive as early as October. If I conceive when I expect to ovulate in October the baby would be due around when we lost this baby. And yea I am trying not to stress about it. Based on old cycle I would O between now and Thursday. So tempted to just try and see what happens. But scared to at the same time since I am spotting. Not positive I am in the window for one and two just scared since it's only been not quite 5 weeks since d&c. I did buy opk pack and my lines are close but one is still lighter. But I also know it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Not sure what we will do over the next few days lol.

We may be ttc together now and may be bump buddies soon! :happydance:

That would be so fun to be bump buddies. :)
Did you ever take a pregnancy test since Dandc to make sure it's negative? Only asking because if you still have HCG I heard it can give false positives for OPKs.

Yes it would be! O:)

I took one 2 weeks after and it said "pregnant 2-3". Was going to take a second one at 3 weeks after but had such AF symptoms I decided not to. AF arrived the next day (22 days after d&c). Wish I would have taken it just to be sure it was AF but all the symptoms were there. Dr said it most likely was because I didn't spot for 10 days prior and it came when it should have had I not been pregnant at all. She also said spotting for this long with first AF after is normal. :shrug:

Well that's good. Plus by October you wil definitely be back to normal!
My temps are still low so no O for me yet. I'm only day 10 so that's no surprise. It would be really nice if I get BFP this month. :) sometimes I think that's asking a lot. But I guess you never know! And I'm feeling less stressed about it too. What about you?

And I wanted to say that just because you are spotting doesn't mean you won't ovulate. :) especially if you have increased CM and some old blood it will look like spotting has increased.

You said you thought maybe sometime between the 8th-13th? So we are off about a week. Based on how I'm feeling today and 3 opk test results I should O Tomorrow. I was always day 14. And hubbie thinks I am too. Lol

I would love to conceive this month. It would be an April due date. But we are waiting...honestly if I hadn't been spotting we may have attempted. Still not too late but...just scared to have only given my body a few weeks. Even tho lots of women have healthy babies that get pregnant sooner after a d&c. Just me...

Are you from Toledo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"