TTC a pink bump.. PH strips? how do they work?

xloulabellex

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Hiya,

Am TTC a pink bump if poss, have bought some ph strips and I don't really know how they work.. anyone? I dipped it in my wee and its not really done anything :/

Is that what you're meant to do with them lol??

Without knowing anything about this your urine wouldn't have anything to do with the ph of your vagina. I'd try sticking one in there and seeing if there's a result.

I've never used them and I'm not really sure why you would (is it to test alkalinity in your body?)

Even so, gender is seriously a 50/50 shot here. I don't think measuring the PH in your body is really going to be a reliable tool for TTC a girl.

At best you could try the shettles method. They say girl sperm live longer but boy sperm swim faster. So you could try only having sex a few days before O. Even then, I've read loads of threads stating this didn't work and they had a boy.

Like I said, 50/50.

And please don't stick that ph strip up your vagina. Who knows where it's been.

I've never used them and I'm not really sure why you would (is it to test alkalinity in your body?)

Even so, gender is seriously a 50/50 shot here. I don't think measuring the PH in your body is really going to be a reliable tool for TTC a girl.

At best you could try the shettles method. They say girl sperm live longer but boy sperm swim faster. So you could try only having sex a few days before O. Even then, I've read loads of threads stating this didn't work and they had a boy.

Like I said, 50/50.

And please don't stick that ph strip up your vagina. Who knows where it's been.

I won't be putting the ph strip up there, dont worry lol!

I too, think shettles method is my best shot - I am yet to find a threat to say they had a boy doing that but i'm sure there are some, I think 50/50 is correct but no harm in trying. I'd be happy enough with another son if not :)

I've read a few threads where women say they had sex 4-5 days before O and had a boy! I guess you just never know. Was reading a thread today and there were some women who only had sex on O day and had a girl (where you'd think it would be a boy).

I guess it just depends on who is on a mission to get to that egg faster! haha

I think you're supposed to wipe your CM on the ph strip if I'm not mistaken. You want the vagina to be acidic. Supposedly pH is the most important thing. Shettles has been disproven so I wouldn't go with that. I was just reading today that going vegetarian can help conceive a girl.

I used the PH testers (ttc a girl as well) and you do dip them in your urine. There should be a chart on the back. 7.0 and over is alkaline and 6.0 and under is acidic. You can also test your saliva but I have found that I am much more acidic in my mouth because I am a caffeine addict.

I am also using a O chart and OPK strips, really hoping for my girl! I hope you get yours too!

I used the PH testers (ttc a girl as well) and you do dip them in your urine. There should be a chart on the back. 7.0 and over is alkaline and 6.0 and under is acidic. You can also test your saliva but I have found that I am much more acidic in my mouth because I am a caffeine addict.

I am also using a O chart and OPK strips, really hoping for my girl! I hope you get yours too!

I thiiiinkk because it didn't change colour, it matched to the 7.0 colour. Best get on the acidic foods more haha! Hope you get yours too :)

I've read a few threads where women say they had sex 4-5 days before O and had a boy! I guess you just never know. Was reading a thread today and there were some women who only had sex on O day and had a girl (where you'd think it would be a boy).

I guess it just depends on who is on a mission to get to that egg faster! haha

oh really?! Send me the links - It might make me stop going crazy lol!

I may go veg and just eat eggs anyway haha! I think you're right, its a mission!

Here are a couple - women saying they BD'd days before O and had boys.

https://forums.ovusoft.com/forums/p/131975/1405312.aspx?d=1

https://www.in-gender.com/forum/thread.aspx?ID=30111

I've done some research on it... apparently, the y chromosomes are faster but less resilient and the x chromosomes are slower but more resilient. What that means is if you body is alkaline based, sperm have a better chance of survival and since the boys (y) are faster you're more inclined to have a boy. Vice versa, if you're more acidic, it kills off the boys and since the girls are more resilient, they have a better chance of making it. I know a girl who ate terrible on purpose to become acidic after having two boys and it worked, she got her girl.

I've done some research on it... apparently, the y chromosomes are faster but less resilient and the x chromosomes are slower but more resilient. What that means is if you body is alkaline based, sperm have a better chance of survival and since the boys (y) are faster you're more inclined to have a boy. Vice versa, if you're more acidic, it kills off the boys and since the girls are more resilient, they have a better chance of making it. I know a girl who ate terrible on purpose to become acidic after having two boys and it worked, she got her girl.

Its weird though, because I had bulimia before I fell pregnant with my son... I ate alot of bad foods / fizzy drinks like cakes, chocolate, mcdonalds, coke/lemonade, kfc etc... because they were easy to bring back up - yet I had a boy lol!

I just tested on a ph strip again and (i think the first must have been dodgy) because it changed colour imediately and matched number 9 on the chart... and I supposedly need to be 4.5/5 to concieve a girl. I got some fizzy to be drinking then lol!!

Here are a couple - women saying they BD'd days before O and had boys.

https://forums.ovusoft.com/forums/p/131975/1405312.aspx?d=1

https://www.in-gender.com/forum/thread.aspx?ID=30111

haha ok great thanks, so basically no hope then ;) this really helps me though. I can stop obsessing and just let what will be, will be!

Lol ya it just increases the chances... Nothing is guaranteed :) good luck!!!

I have 3 girls, we have done it a few days before O and the day of O and we have 3 girls. We are really wanting a boy this time. But I still believe its 50/50 for the sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->