TTC a Soy baby!

sheilarae07

Reaction score
After 2 years of trying with no success. I have decided to try soy isoflavones. I want to go more natural and stop depending on doctors. It is supposed to work just like clomid- but less side effects and less chance of multiples. I am taking it on cd 5-9, since that's what my doctor suggested for clomid, before she backed out on giving it to me. I am very hopeful that this will work. One site said that 75% of women got pregnant on their first try with SI. However, I know that it may not work for everyone. I am planning on updating this every couple days so others can know more about SI. I will be taking 80 mg of SI, in general it will equal half that in clomid- 40 mg- my doctor was going to do 50 mg of clomid.
BACKGROUND- I am 21 years old (22 in 3 months), my husband is 29 (30 next month). I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago- but last ultrasound showed no cysts and my bloodwork was fine. I take 1000 mg of metformin 2x a day and prenatals. Because of ED issues we do at home insemenations (3rd month).
CD 1 and 2- Medium flow- crampy
CD 3- No cramps- brown spotting (thought af was over already)
CD 4-Strong cramps in the morning- bright red heavy flow by the evening-brown at night
CD 5- Back to brown spotting- I think it is stopping for good. ** Will be taking 80 mg of SI tonight before bedtime**

good luck!!! and yes soy is like clomid, they are suppose to make the body think that there isnt enough estrogen which drives your lh and fsh levels up...i hope you get you bfp

Just wondering why your doc changed her mind about the clomid?

When she did bloodwork in October my insulin was too high. Since then I have been on a strict no sugar no carbs diet. I check it 4x a day. I went to my GP last month and everything was normal. She would probably give it to me now but she doesn't take me seriously. I will be switching doctors IF I get pregnant.

That is great that is how i was able to conceive naturally i had no sugar, no gluten, low carbs...and bam i lost 60lbs in two months!!! It definetly helps...alot!!! Did the doctor talk about metformin?

After 2 years of trying with no success. I have decided to try soy isoflavones. I want to go more natural and stop depending on doctors. It is supposed to work just like clomid- but less side effects and less chance of multiples. I am taking it on cd 5-9, since that's what my doctor suggested for clomid, before she backed out on giving it to me. I am very hopeful that this will work. One site said that 75% of women got pregnant on their first try with SI. However, I know that it may not work for everyone. I am planning on updating this every couple days so others can know more about SI. I will be taking 80 mg of SI, in general it will equal half that in clomid- 40 mg- my doctor was going to do 50 mg of clomid.
BACKGROUND- I am 21 years old (22 in 3 months), my husband is 29 (30 next month). I was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago- but last ultrasound showed no cysts and my bloodwork was fine. I take 1000 mg of metformin 2x a day and prenatals. Because of ED issues we do at home insemenations (3rd month).
CD 1 and 2- Medium flow- crampy
CD 3- No cramps- brown spotting (thought af was over already)
CD 4-Strong cramps in the morning- bright red heavy flow by the evening-brown at night
CD 5- Back to brown spotting- I think it is stopping for good. ** Will be taking 80 mg of SI tonight before bedtime**

:hi: i ordered mine last month.........was thinking of trying them this month. i have no probs conceiving so just abit worried they will do more harm than good. i use the clear blue monitor and last month ovulated on cd15...27 day cycle...shortest ever in 15 years. i think after having the triplets my cycles completely regulated!
worried as well abt having multiples as he triplets wer 100% natural!
dont know wat to do.im on cd 2 today, so have a couple of more days to decide!

That is great that is how i was able to conceive naturally i had no sugar, no gluten, low carbs...and bam i lost 60lbs in two months!!! It definetly helps...alot!!! Did the doctor talk about metformin?

What did you eat?

My doctor has me on Metformin (2000 mg a day)- it has helped greatly! I lost 29 pounds in my first month on it. I just took my 2nd dose of SI. Last night I was BURNING UP.. major hot flashes and cramping already. Totally worth it though! I hope this is our time!

CD 7- 3rd dose of SI will be tonight. Hubby and I are going to a concert so I thought I would update now. I did not have cramping today, but LOTS of hot flashes.

i dicided to go for it...i took 50 mg last night, cd3, ill take 100mg tonight and cd5 then 150 cd6and 7

no side effects yet.

Hi Sheilarae07. This thread is really really useful. I'm going to try SI on my next cycle. I've come to the conclusion that this cycle has been annovulatory, no positive OPKs and FF can't pinpoint the day I ov'd (as I really don't think I have). I'm hoping SI will encourage that eggy to release. I'll also be using a CBFM, charting and anything else I can think of!!
Will keep popping in to see how you're doing. f'xd for your BFP soon

Thanks! Well hopefully I will be able to tell everyone about a BFP in a couple weeks!

i dicided to go for it...i took 50 mg last night, cd3, ill take 100mg tonight and cd5 then 150 cd6and 7

no side effects yet.

I also decided to increase my dose last night- I took 80mg on CD 5 and 6, 120 on CD 7. I will probably finish it out at 120mg. To me- that seems like it would average out to 50mg of clomid for the whole cycle. I have seen a lot of people increase the dose midway and get a BFP.

I'm with you guys! I am on cycle day 1. I am not sure what day I should start taking it! The si I bought came in 40 mg. I have regular periods I just don't think I ovulate. I suppose this will help?

I am the same. I have regular periods but I may not be ovulating. I am taking cd 5-9 because it is supposed to produce one big strong egg, as opposed to earlier. CD 3-7 is supposed to produce more smaller eggs.
**I think the cramps I had on CD 5 were just my period finishing and had nothing to do with the Soy. However, I have consistantly had hot flashes- that may be my only side effect of them- so far. Hot flashes for a baby- I will take that anyday!

My pills also are 40 mg. SI are supposed to be like half the strength of clomid. Since you normally start clomid off at 50 mg it is hard to convert. That's why I am choosing 80mg on cd 5 and 6, 120 mg on cd 7 8 9. That would equal 52 mg of clomid a day- pretty close to 50.

god maybe im taking too much..........i took 50mg then 100mg, tonight i was going to take 100mg and then up to 150 for the last 2 days.......

wat you think?

Thanks for the info! I think thats what I will do too! Has anyone heard of any side affects that could happen with the baby?

So I am going to do days 5-9. 80mg on days 5&6 then 120 on 7,8,&9. Now do I take it all at one time or is it better to space it out during the day?

Trixie- I don't see anything wrong with taking those doses. The only thing is I am afraid I will become resistant- that's why I started small.
As for side effects for the baby- I have not seen anything that said it causes harm. It is natural.
I took my final dose tonight cd 9 120mg. I have had a massive headache since I took it. But that is probably caused by spending all day writing a research proposal! I took an OPK last night just for fun and got a result that was darker than I expected but still negative. I will start testing regularly tomorrow. I am still having some brown/pink mucus/discharge. I assume it's still my period ending but it's kinda late for that. Who knows.. :shrug: Either way.. tomorrow night will be my first insemenation for this cycle. I plan on doing it on cd 10 12 14 15 16 18 (with ovulation happening on cd15)- will adjust according to O date. I am still confused about ovulation with soy. I have read that the later you take it the sooner you will ovulate, but it also says that ovulation will occur 5-10 days after the last pill... who knows. Most girls I seen that took it on cd 5-9 ovulated between cd14-18-which makes sense.
Sorry for all the random rambling!

I hope it does make me ovulate sooner! I usually ov around day 20 which seems like it takes forever to greg here!

I understand! From what I understand you are supposed to bd every other day starting at cd 10 until your opk goes back to neg. This would surely cover all bases.
I am super hopeful for this month. Keeping this little daily journal has helped the days go by faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->