TTC advice please, when to BD!?!

Nearlymarried

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have recently got married and we decided to stop birth control after the wedding. This would be my third baby but the other two were total surprises first month off birth control, so I haven't actively TTC'd until now! We were originally just going to NTNP but I just don't have it in me and want to TTC!
So basically I stopped my pill and got a 'withdrawal bleed' straight away but it was quite heavy an lasted a week (so almost period like really). I had only been on OCP for two months as before that I had a mirena for 5.5 years with relatively regular cycles 28-30 days.
I am currently on day 15 counting the first day of no pill as day one. I got a but excited yesterday and bought some OPKs which have been negative yesterday and today. We did BD several times last week but I was kinda wondering where to from here. Should I keep doing the OPKs each day until one is positive? How long after a positive opk are you fertile for?
Thank you :)

Hi everyone,
I have recently got married and we decided to stop birth control after the wedding. This would be my third baby but the other two were total surprises first month off birth control, so I haven't actively TTC'd until now! We were originally just going to NTNP but I just don't have it in me and want to TTC!
So basically I stopped my pill and got a 'withdrawal bleed' straight away but it was quite heavy an lasted a week (so almost period like really). I had only been on OCP for two months as before that I had a mirena for 5.5 years with relatively regular cycles 28-30 days.
I am currently on day 15 counting the first day of no pill as day one. I got a but excited yesterday and bought some OPKs which have been negative yesterday and today. We did BD several times last week but I was kinda wondering where to from here. Should I keep doing the OPKs each day until one is positive? How long after a positive opk are you fertile for?
Thank you :)

hi nearlymarried :hi: your most fertile days, apparently, are 12-36 hours after a +opk. i was just asking this on a different thread and was told unless i temp, i cant know for sure when i O so theres no way of knowing how many DPO i am. do you normally get any symptoms when you O? Im a big believer in checking your CP to get an idea of when you O. I know a lot of ladies on here get cheap OPKs from amazon (and Im sure other internet sites) so youre not wasting a ton of money on the tests. But if money isnt an issue, then i say keep testing! it cant hurt anything! GL

Thank you! I'm not really sure if I get any symptoms as I haven't ever thought about it before. I have been checking my cervix but I'm not sure what its supposed to feel like. I guess ill have to go through a whole cycle to see how much it changes. I thought it got soft two days ago but it wasn't as soft as I expected. My discharge hasn't really increased yet. Ill keep doing the OPKs for a few days more and will hopefully find that positive!
Do you know of any good websites that explain it all?

Thank you! I'm not really sure if I get any symptoms as I haven't ever thought about it before. I have been checking my cervix but I'm not sure what its supposed to feel like. I guess ill have to go through a whole cycle to see how much it changes. I thought it got soft two days ago but it wasn't as soft as I expected. My discharge hasn't really increased yet. Ill keep doing the OPKs for a few days more and will hopefully find that positive!
Do you know of any good websites that explain it all?

Well it seems like youre looking for all the right things... cm, firmness of CP, etc. Another symptom could be sore nipples. Also, not only is you CP supposed to be soft during O, but its also high. Mine was so high I couldnt even touch it barely! Try this website below! its the one i read when i first wanted to start checking :)

https://infertility.about.com/od/tryingtoconceive101/ht/cervixovulation.htm

Keep doing the OPKs because your cycles might be wonky after stopping the pill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->