• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

ttc after 5 months off the marina coil

lisah84

Reaction score
Hi.
I have been ttc after having the marina coil removed mid May this year I had a small amount of bleeding after removal then a normal period at the end of may. I went on to have no period for 2 months then in august had the worse period for 5-6 days I then had another period in September I have kept a record of when im due each month august and September come on time but im currently 2 days over due a period a negative pregnancy test and have a possible uti the coil messed me up pretty bad so just wanting to see if anyone has had this experience and what was the outcome. Will go to doctors tomoro regarding my uti

Forgot to mention that my last period in September lasted almost 14 days but was able to do the deed just before ovulation

Hi Lisa, I cant say I had exactly the same experience with the Mirena. I didn't like it during the 2 years I had it, and after removal I didn't Ovulate at all for 2 cycles. They were also a little up and down with regards to cycle length, with longer bleeds. We were fortunate enough to have success on the third cycle, where I was finally able to confirm ovulation with FF. I charted my temps and used OPKs, spotted for CM and did CP checks, and it really helped to gauge IF and when I was ovulating, allowing us a little more chance to BD at the right time.

Goodluck, sorry i couldnt offer anything more valuable. The mirena really does a number on your body for a little while.

I took a clear blue digital pregnancy test this morning and it said no pregnant but I have also read that these are not very sensitive so will try another type tomoro as I'm now 3 days past period due date

Your body is still adjusting. On average it takes 6 months for period to go back to normal. My periods have been coming every month on time but spotting and bleeding for 9 days start. Went to the docs for it and said its pretty normal.

I have been to my doctors today have a uti and was given antibiotics however she found it unusual that I know when my periods are due and the times I've missed a period I end up with a uti. I'm having blood tests now for diffrent hormones and she's referred Me for a scan now I'm starting to worry :(

I got mine removed in June and I've had 2 28 day cycles 1 29 day cycle and this last cycle was only 18 days. Hopefully they go back to normal soon. I got positive OPKs for the middle 2 cycles but I didn't use them the first cycle and the last cycle that was 18 days I never got a positive. Never even a second line on an OPK.

It's really disheartening. To think no one tells u beforehand that the marina really messes up ur system like this had I known I would of stayed on the pill.

Me too... But at the time I was paying $30 a month for the pill and insurance would cover mirena 100% and it supposedly had none of these side effects...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"