TTC after a BFN IVF

Tinymiss

Reaction score
Hi, there! I’m here to meet new friends and ask you to give me peace of advice. Firstly, some words about myself. I have some problems with my fertility due to a bad ovarian reserve. I’ve never suspected that I would have such problems. My periods were always regular ones. I didn’t also have any problems with my uterus or tubes. We faced the first problems when we decided to TTC a baby. We tried our best for nearly a year, and then both my hubby and I consulted the doctors. My DH did a sperm test and it showed rather good results. I did some hormone tests and ultrasound checks. My gyny didn’t reveal anything special. She prescribed vitamins and some hormones to boost my fertility. We’ve spent one more year baby dancing without any results. My gyny asked me to do health tests one more time and diagnosed me with unexplained infertility issue. She offered us to do IVF. We did an IVF nearly 6 six months ago. I did get pregnant, but I had a miscarriage when I was 7 weeks pregnant. It was a big blow both for me and my DH. We were so glad when our two-week wait ended with a BFP result. We contacted one more doctor and she said that I might have a bad ovarian reserve. Her recommendation is to try DE IVF. Firstly, I didn’t even want to hear about it… However, it seems to be my only chance to conceive. Is there anybody here who has experienced DE IVF? Was it hard for you to face such a kind of treatment? What did you pay attention to while choosing a fertility clinic? Maybe, you have some useful tips to share?
P.S. I really need some help now. I spend days and nights crying… Could you please share your success stories with me?

I dont really have any advice but didnt want to read and leave. My husband and i used donor sperm to conceive our daughter and she is a true miracle. If you do end up going down DE IVF it could be worth talking through any concerns with a counsellor first. I hope it all works out. IVF sucks but it's a step towards your beautiful family. Xx

Hi, hun! Firstly, I’m really sorry to hear about your struggles of getting pregnant. I can only imagine what you have felt after having experienced all those things. However, I think you shouldn’t give up by any means. If egg donation is your only chance to conceive, you should give it try. For me, it’s better to give a birth to a child than spend the rest of your life childless. As for the clinics, I think you should choose the one you really feel comfortable with. Good luck in your TTC journey!

I don't understand why a doctor would say DE is necessary here. DOR simply means your have less remaining eggs than most, it doesn't necessarily speak to the quality of those eggs.

Nor do I understand why if you've successfully conceived (through IVF) and carried to 7 weeks that that would be an automatic referral for DE. That makes absolutely no sense. You did it. Just because you didn't carry to term didn't mean there was any indication egg reserve or health was the reason behind the loss.

I'm not sure where you're at. In the United States we have assisted reproduction clinic stats available through SART.org. You can look up your individual state and compare success rates for the clinics around you. Hands down you need access to a reproductive endocrinologist. A gynecologist isn't good enough in this arena. A diagnosis of "maybe a reserve problem" isn't good enough. You either have DOR, diagnosable through tests, or you don't. And plenty of women even with it go on to have several healthy happy babies. There may be more going on than you've shared, but just based on what you've said I see no reason why you shouldn't try again and expect success!

The clinic we’ve got interested in does suit us in some way. They have very favorable prices. Unfortunately, we do care about price as we can’t afford cycling in the expensive fertility clinics. We also did a small homework about this clinic. We visited some fertility forums and found quite a lot of feedbacks about them. In addition, the clinic has rather high success rates. These are the main reason why we decided to deal with this clinic.

Hi, I am sorry you are going through this. A friend of mine, who had her 1st ivf failed, underwent ivf with pgs ngs, and got pregnant. So, you might ask yr doc if screening increases yr chances.
If you want to know more about egg donation treatment, prices, stats, etc I would recommend visiting eggdonationfriends. com. Tons of info. Good luck

I would really get a second opinion from an RE, not a GYN. That seems like a big leap to go to DE almost straight away. I had undetectable AMH and was able to get pregnant with IVF. Good luck!

Hi! Firstly, I should say that I’m really sorry to hear about your health issue. I think you need to think twice while making your final decision. Of course, it’s up to you what to do further, but DE IVF isn’t as simple as you think. It can be a real challenge for your body and mind. If I were you, I would pursue trying to conceive naturally. I used to cycle two years ago with a donor egg, and now, I’m a mum. DE IVF was my only chance to conceive as I’ve been diagnosed with an unexplained infertility. We’ve been ttc for 7 years, did several IVFs with my eggs and I managed to conceive only with a donor egg. We donated an egg from a 23-year old woman. She was a mom of a two-year old baby at that time. I experienced FET and conceived after the second shot with her eggs. As for the clinic, I would recommend you to choose the one that offers you oocytes of young ladies. It will be nice if they test an egg donor to see whether she’s healthy enough to share her oocytes. It would be nice if they also test an egg donor’s heredity. I wish you good luck in your DE journey.

Hi, ladies! Thanks for your answers. I quite understand that DE IVF isn’t a simple decision. Of course, I won’t hasten with making the final decision. However, I want to collect more data and opinions to make the final decision. The thing is they offer us oocytes of 18-25 year old ladies. Our program manager told us that the clinic is very selective in choosing egg donors for their clients. Firstly, they ask all women who are willing to share their eggs to pass through a rigorous medical checkup. They pay attention to the woman’s heredity. The clinic reps deal only with those women whose parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and siblings are free from any hereditary diseases. They also choose only those women who have given birth to at least one healthy child. This is what they offer us… What do you think about it?
P.S. White Lilac, could you please share the way the clinic found an egg donor exactly for your DE? Did they give you an opportunity to see the donor’s photos? As far as I know some clinics offer such option. What about the clinic you dealt with?

Before visiting the clinic for the first time, we had to send them a short description of the woman who would suit us as an egg donor. We specified her weight, height, hair and eye color. Our program manager told us that the clinic has a large database of egg donors. They usually use a special software to find egg donors from their for their clients. If you sign up a contract with them, you’ll be able to see a 3D photo of the lady. This is the way the clinic finds egg donors for their clients. What do you think about it?

Seeing a donor’s 3D photo sounds quite beneficial as you’ll be able to choose a woman who really suits you. As far as I know, such an option isn’t available in all countries. For instance, you won’t be able to do this in the UK. Is it an optional service, hun? Will they charge any fees for giving you access to their database?
P.S. Some clinics may offer quite a lot of optional services. You need to be careful with them if you don’t want to pay more than you intended from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->