TTC after a blighted ovum and D&C

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Good morning ladies.
I hope you are all doing well.

I am two days post D&C for a blighted ovum diagnoised at 8 weeks. My heart is beyond broken however I am doing my best to look to the future and pray for a rainbow baby.

My D&C went very well and I only had spotting the day off and nothing since. Still having some cramping.

While I'm not ready to start trying right this minute I'd like to think by the time my first cycle comes I will be.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any stories as to how long your body took to recover from a loss or d&c. When should I expect my first cycle? We've been asked to wait 7-10 days for sex and honestly I'm terrified of anything going in there now anyways.

Is there anything specific I should know about trying after a loss or d&c?
I was temping before. When should I start temping again?

Any and all advice welcome.

Thank you all.

My first cycle after both my chemical and my D&C were off. I ovulated very early but some ovulate late or have a normal cycle. After that my cycle was back to normal.

After my D&C my doctor asked that I wait for 2 AFs before ttc so my uterus had time to fully heal and, honestly, I didn't realize how much I needed that time emotionally until I was on the other end of things. I had a few massages and went to acupuncture and it helped more than I can say.

After 2 AFs we began ttc and it was my second cycle that I conceived my DD.

Good luck and know that it does get easier.

Thanks ItsAWonder

Yesterday I had the worst cramps ever. Almost like labour pains. Today seems better though. Took my first test today and still positive but much lighter then they were last week. My hcg was only about 3000 when I had my d&c so I'm hoping I can get back to normal physical soon so mentally I can focus on healing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->