TTC After a Loss with Infertility Problems

MrsBigMc785

Reaction score
Ok, so, I have 2 beautiful daughters. DD1 is 3 and DD2 is 1.5. When DH and I got married we were NTNP for 3 years before we had DD1. After her we NTNP for 1 year before having DD2. After that, we NTNP for 1.5 years before I got pregnant the 3rd time. 3rd pregnancy ended in a missed m/c on 9/23 and a d&c on 9/25. In the 1.5 years between DD2 and my third pregnancy...I only had 2 AFs, both were withdrawal bleeds from Provera.

I am unsure of where to start now. I am on cd9 and pretty sure I won't have AF on my own...as I wasn't having one before this surprise pregnancy. Now that I have suffered the loss, DH and I are determined to TTC. I am wondering if I need to ask for fertility meds from my OB at my next appointment in order to make me ovulate so that I can actually have a chance at conceiving with in the next millenium.

Anyone else out there going through something like this or have any advice for me? I feel like I'm going crazy.

Hi MrsBig. Big :hugs: to you. I'm not going through this but I thought a bumpity might get someone to see this that is. I think that talking to your Ob/Gyn about your options could help you figure out how to proceed. GL and I hope you find what works for you! :dust:

Thanks, SweetPotato! Hoping that I can just get some opinions before I head to the doctor. My doctor is awesome and I am sure he will be willing to help us in the way he's thinks to be best for us. Can't wait to finally have a :bfn: so that I know that trying again is even an option. Right now, they are still faint positive with first morning. I'm definitely a poas addict.

Hi. I have infertility problems for a completely different reason but I also don't ovulate on my own, or at least not very often. We ttc for 9 months on our own with no luck. After 3 months with our fertility dr we conceived. Unfortunately I'm in the process of a miscarriage with that pregnancy but I'm confident that with our doctor's help we will conceive again soon. I would definitely recommend talking to your doctor about some options for regulating your cycle. Your OB is the right place to start but he/she may refer you on to a reproductive endocrinologist. Good luck to you!

I went to see my doctor today. He decided to start me on Clomid. :happydance: But, he wants me to wait four more weeks just to see if my AF will start on its own. ](*,) But, I understand that. If it doesn't start on it's own in 4 weeks, then he'll prescribe me Provera to start it. Whether medically induced or naturally, once my AF starts I have to call his office to get my prescription for Clomid. I take it CD 5-9 then go in on CD 24 to check for ovulation via blood tests and then we'll go from there.

I am so sorry for your loss slg76! I know it's so difficult. But, we will catch our rainbow babies very soon! I know it!! :)

Does anyone else have experience with Clomid?

(I am hoping this will at least be sort of easy considering I have had 2 children in the past without help...it just took over a year each time.)

Hi there! No advice or experience with clomid, but glad you had a good Dr's visit and it sounds like you're on the right track. So sorry about your loss. We knew we wanted a second child but weren't in a hurry...but since we lost her...the sense that our family is not yet complete is overwhelming. So I kind of know that feeling. Hope you catch your rainbow soon. <3

I took Femara which is similar to clomid. The first month on it was a little rough. I had headaches and cramps for a week and was moody. The following months I didn't have any side effects at all. If you post your question in the assisted conception forum I'm sure you will get lots of advise.

eyemom - So sorry for your loss! That feeling of being incomplete is definitely something I can relate to. I just keep trying to look toward the future and focusing on each cycle as it happens. (Which is soo difficult.)

slg76 - Thanks for the the recommendation. It's so hard to tell which forum I should be posting in. Lol! TTC After a Loss/Infertility/Assisted Conception. So many apply to what I am going through right now. It seems like such a unique situation.

ha, ha! Yes, I have posted in several forums depending on what I'm dealing with in the moment. As soon as I pass this missed mc I will be going back on my fertility drugs so I'll see you over in that forum too :) I've already done three cycles of oral meds with no luck so I'm moving on to something stronger. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"