ttc after breastfeeding

Jed

Reaction score
I got my second post weaning period March 16th. That cycle was a 62 day cycle. My first cycle was heavy and I had mid cycle bleeding and it was naturally crazy. This cycle was really lite and 13 days in I'm still spotting. Hasn't stopped.

I need help!

I feel your pain.

I had clockwork ovulation whilst BF from 6m (although my periods were way too light to be fertile). I stopped nursing 5 weeks ago (after 12m) and I have yet to ovulate... Huh???!

I spoke with my midwife yesterday and she said that it's totally normal for cycles to go wacky after stopping nursing and just to give it time. Which is reassuring but also very frustrating. I thought quitting BF would help everything get back to normal and we could ttc but it's just made things worse!!

It's nice to have a listening ear. I hate everyone asking when we're having another... as if I control these things. I am the only one in the people I know that used fertility drugs. I have messed up cycles as it is. It's been 5 months since I've quit breastfeeding and I've just got my second really screwy cycle...

That sounds really sucky.

Are you trying any herbs to regulate things? I'm on agnus castus to try to balance things - it seemed to work before (or at least it didn't seem to have any adverse effects!) - so I figured I'd try it again.

If you've been on fertility drugs before is it worth going back to your medical providers and asking for help?

How strange my cycles are the complete opposite, BF my cycles were wacko and came 2-3 times a month. Since I stopped Jan 1st I've had 27 day cycles. I finally ovulated this month. x

It's so crazy what BF can do! When BF #1 I didn't get any sort of fertility signs at all: it took totally stopping to ovulate.

So did you not O for your first two post-BF cycles? Glad that it's come back now :)

Ugh, still breastfeeding my first a few times a day and my cycles are completely screwy. I've gone from 36 days to 22 days in the last two cycles! No idea how I'm supposed to know when or if I'm even ovulating. Wondering if I'll even get pregnant again while I'm still breastfeeding or if I'll have to wean my 17 month old boobie monster.

Last month I had a +OPK on CD19 and I most likely would of ovulated 1-2 days later and there was not enough days in my LP. Fingers crossed this month though!

Zephram have you tried OPKs and temping? x

I got + opk on cycle day 16 last time. I haven't been testing this time because I haven't stopped spotting and don't want the the frustration of thinking I o'd but not getting my cycle. I'm calling the dr. Tomorrow as I am still spotting and this is 15 days of it... ugh! This stuff is for the birds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->