TTC after Chemical

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
Found out yesterday I was having a CP, I started bleeding last night after I got the results of my blood work. I have a question about my cycle - is day 1 of bleeding counted as a new cycle (So CD1?) or do I have to wait for a period? I started temping today and will continue to temp daily but can I follow my expected timeframe for OPK testing or is the CP going to throw out my entire cycle? My Betas today are 5 so technically negative but the ultrasound tech said there was a fair bit of fluid (blood) in my uterus today so I could expect a few more days of bleeding.

Hey Bree, so sorry for your loss. I had a CP in August... tested 4 days early and got a positive and then bled 2 days late... so only knew I was pregnant for 6 days. I counted the first day of bleeding as CD1 and I did have a normal cycle following the CP. Didn't bleed for extra long or anything... just a regular AF and normal cycle following that so I'd go ahead if I were you, chart like a normal cycle and try this month as well because I've heard a rumour you're more fertile following a CP... whether that's true or not I don't know! We weren't trying at that point so I have nothing to say towards that! Good Luck!

Hello hon im sorry for ure loss.
Yes cd 1 will be ure first day of bleeding.

I've had 4 chemicals this year. April, June, July and October and I'm now on cd2 and my 10th cycle ttc.

Chemicals are very common and most women can go on to get pregnant after with no problems.
I've had 3 other losses in the past, one at 10+4 weeks and 2 chemicals but managed to fall pregnant after each and have healthy babies.

Not sure why I've had 4 chemical pregnancies back to back and I've been referred to the recurrent MC unit and have a telephone appointment with them on Thursday.

I have started taking macca root which helps prevent early miscarriage but only been taking them for a few weeks so won't know if they work until I fall pregnant again.
I really hope they do and I don't have anymore losses its truly devastating. My last chemical hit me the hardest because my lines got quite dark. But it just wasn't to be.

I I've already had bloods done to
Check all my hormone levels and all came back normal.

But I am almost 41 and I know at my age miscarriages are very very common.

Just praying so hard the next time I fall it sticks and is healthy.

Good luck I really hope u get ure sticky BFP soon.

After my April and June chemical for some reason I ovulated supper early on cd 8. Which is not good. But with the other 2 in July and October I went on to ovulate at my normal time. Cd 13 so I'm not really sure why the first 2 messed my next cycle up but its also happened to 2 other ladies on here that have had chemicals, they also ovulated supper early, like cd 6 then sadly went onto have more chemicals so just be aware of that
But mine returned to normal the cycle after.
Good luck

So sorry for your loss.
I've had chemicals the last two cycles.
I count bleeding as CD1, my cycles have been completely normal after each chemical. Have only known I've been pregnant because of the positive pregnancy tests :(

Hi ladies me again I got my bfp on Friday night I was 3 weeks and 6 days but sadly I started bleeding yesterday and it has ended In a chemical pregnancy which I am absolutely devastated about I really don't know if I want to try again as I can't keep going through this. Can any of you ladies help if I was to start again when would be the best time?

Hi ladies me again I got my bfp on Friday night I was 3 weeks and 6 days but sadly I started bleeding yesterday and it has ended In a chemical pregnancy which I am absolutely devastated about I really don't know if I want to try again as I can't keep going through this. Can any of you ladies help if I was to start again when would be the best time?

So sorry for your loss Sarah x
Each time after the 2 I've had we start trying again straight away if that's any help.

Hey Bree. I had a CP in September, a CP a CP in January and now a MMC (still waiting to bleed).
With my CP I dropped to about 5 hcg and started to bleed a normal period. Hugs!

To all women that have had a chemical:

Don't give up! yesterday my Beta HCG was close to 500, I think this is it!!!

Never give up hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"