TTC after D&C (Soon)

calvinzoey

Reaction score
I'm trying to transfer myself over to this forum. I keep reading more and more sad stories about miscarriages. I'm terrified to have a second, and the stories are making me panic. I desperately want a child of my own.

I just had a D&C 2 days ago. :cry: Was diagnosed with a "suspected" blighted ovum at 11 1/2 weeks. All went well during the procedure, and I see my doctor again on the 28th. Before the procedure he told me to wait 3-4 cycles to get pregnant again. I've heard of women who only waited one cycle. What are you thoughts? I will be bringing this up to him on the 28th.

But for right now, I'm waiting for my :devil: AF. I really want to try again after.

Anyone else waiting?

My story is below.

I waited 3 months before ttc after my first mc which resulted into my 2nd. So even though i waited 3 monhs it made no differance :/ its been 4 weeks since my d&c and ive been having unprotected sex ever since. Still no sign of AF and im not wanting to see her either, but im not testing and im making myself believe shes coming to take my mind off it. I know the risks of my lining not being thick enough but I also have heard stories of it being completely fine. My body knows whats meant to be an i have to trust its doing whats best. But thats just my way of coping and thinking right now. Everyones different hunni. As long as your happy with your choces then you cant be wrong xxxx

Most docs will tell you to wait 3 months for your emotional being. However, there is no link to mc following a previous mc due to becoming pregnant too soon. From everything I understand the only reason they want you to wait is to have a AF date to go by.

Just a thought.

Best of luck!!

Most docs will tell you to wait 3 months for your emotional being. However, there is no link to mc following a previous mc due to becoming pregnant too soon. From everything I understand the only reason they want you to wait is to have a AF date to go by.

Just a thought.

Best of luck!!

Oh thanks. :) I think I'll wait for my first AF and then start trying. We'll see how it goes. :)

My story is below.

I waited 3 months before ttc after my first mc which resulted into my 2nd. So even though i waited 3 monhs it made no differance :/ its been 4 weeks since my d&c and ive been having unprotected sex ever since. Still no sign of AF and im not wanting to see her either, but im not testing and im making myself believe shes coming to take my mind off it. I know the risks of my lining not being thick enough but I also have heard stories of it being completely fine. My body knows whats meant to be an i have to trust its doing whats best. But thats just my way of coping and thinking right now. Everyones different hunni. As long as your happy with your choces then you cant be wrong xxxx

That is exactly why I don't want to wait 3 months. :) is rather trust my body to do its job.

My sis-in-law miscarried at 9 weeks and had a D&C she never got another AF and was pregnant 4 weeks after the D&C. She had a healthy baby boy :) I just miscarried last week and we are already trying. I've been taking ovulation tests and got a positive today!! I'm hoping we make it happen and it sticks this time!

I had my d&c in June and just got my AF the beginning of this month. I didn't try before my AF so I guess I didn't know you could. I was hoping to start again after my AF but instead of O'ing I got my AF again. So I will be trying again in 2 weeks because of my endo. My dr said I didn't have to wait. Good luck to all!

Hey girls, just dropping in, as this topic is taking up my life again as of now. I had lost my son at 17 weeks (IC) July 12, 2013, and had a D&C immediately after delivering for retained placenta. I was never given ANY instructions from the sirgeon, my GP or anyone as to when to have sex after, or start TTC. So, I took it into my own hands, and as soon as the bleeding had pretty well stopped, started having unprotected sex again. I spotted for about 3 weeks off and on after the procedure, then got my first AF last Tuesday, at 4.5 weeks post D&C. We are trying again. I did see a new ob/gyn and he told me waiting fr one cycle is totally safe and fine. I just don't think I can keep waiting on doctors varying orders to try, as I know that it's not as easy as BAM, have sex, get pregnant.
Good luck to all of you, hoping we all see the results we're so desperate for, very soon xo

DH and I ntnp so we've just waited to see what happens after my m/c. I've gotten pregnant as early as 9 weeks after a miscarriage (one AF) and as late as 8 months after a miscarriage. DS was the 9 weeks post miscarriage and DD was a 6 month wait after a miscarriage. I've only been told to wait because of some of the medications I have had to take prior to a miscarriage or because of the testing I need done. The rest of the time, it's been 'recommended' we wait 3-4 months but the dr has always said if I feel ready sooner, then go for it.

calvinzoey - I too had a d&c on Aug 15th and am waiting on AF to show. I was almost 11 weeks too. Right before going into surgery I asked my dr how long to wait and he said a couple of cycles. I go back to see him on the 27th, so I plan to get more information, as I have been googling that it's ok after AF shows to try. I've seen some where some ppl have gotten pg before AF even started, but I'm terrified I would mc again, so I would rather wait even though it's so hard to be patient.

But I'm playing the waiting game too. I just hope AF comes in 4-6 weeks and not a couple months like some stories I've read :s

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a d&c on 19th aug when I should have been 14 weeks (I started bleeding at 12 1/2 weeks but there were retained products after 1 1/2 weeks of heavy bleeding so I had the surgery)

I'm now on cd5 and trying right away, our hospital advises that is safe to try right away but for dating purposes it's good to wait one cycle. I just can't wait so we'll see how it goes! Lets just hope o or AF happen quickly for all of us!

I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a d&c on 19th aug when I should have been 14 weeks (I started bleeding at 12 1/2 weeks but there were retained products after 1 1/2 weeks of heavy bleeding so I had the surgery)

I'm now on cd5 and trying right away, our hospital advises that is safe to try right away but for dating purposes it's good to wait one cycle. I just can't wait so we'll see how it goes! Lets just hope o or AF happen quickly for all of us!

Hey Anniebobs, they told you it was ok to start right away? I so wish they told me that! I'm almost tempted to start right away too. Do you know what your hcg level is now? I took a test 2 days ago and it was a dark positive so I know I probably still have a lot of hcg in my system. I heard you won't O until the hcg is at a minimal amount, so I'm not sure when to start counting. Are you counting the day of your d&c as CD1?

We had a full term loss and to be honest I was in need of a break and recovery time. We were told to wait two cycles but I talked to my girlfriend who is going to school to be an OBGYN and she said it is really one full AF cycle that is needed to get your body primed and ready to be pregnant again. We may try again after one AF (currently had my first post partum period 5 wks 4 days after delivery) but we might end up trying at the second depending when I ovulate, going in for ankle surgery next Friday and I believe I ovulate close to that...might not be able to give it a go if I am on pain killers...so we will see how much pain I am in from the surgery I guess!

Hey Anniebobs, they told you it was ok to start right away? I so wish they told me that! I'm almost tempted to start right away too. Do you know what your hcg level is now? I took a test 2 days ago and it was a dark positive so I know I probably still have a lot of hcg in my system. I heard you won't O until the hcg is at a minimal amount, so I'm not sure when to start counting. Are you counting the day of your d&c as CD1?

Yes that's what the doc said, I think that's the standard advice in the UK because I was given a leaflet which said the same. Think the only time they'd tell someone to wait is if they had an eptopic pregnancy. I have taken ics for the last 3 days and you can see the line getting lighter, todays is so light that if I was looking for a BFP I'd guess it was the indent line. I don't think I'd get a positive on a FRER and I got a negative OPK so I guess my HCG levels are pretty low now. I'm counting the D&C as day 1 because the scan I had the morning of the D&C showed I still hadn't passed a 5cm deflated sac, I think most people count from when they pass the sac (in a natural miscarriage) or the D&C date.

Castaway so sorry for your loss, sucks that we have to be TTC when we should already be pregnant. :hugs:

Yes that's what the doc said, I think that's the standard advice in the UK because I was given a leaflet which said the same. Think the only time they'd tell someone to wait is if they had an eptopic pregnancy. I have taken ics for the last 3 days and you can see the line getting lighter, todays is so light that if I was looking for a BFP I'd guess it was the indent line. I don't think I'd get a positive on a FRER and I got a negative OPK so I guess my HCG levels are pretty low now. I'm counting the D&C as day 1 because the scan I had the morning of the D&C showed I still hadn't passed a 5cm deflated sac, I think most people count from when they pass the sac (in a natural miscarriage) or the D&C date.

Castaway so sorry for your loss, sucks that we have to be TTC when we should already be pregnant. :hugs:

Thanks Annie, my little man should be full term on Thursday. :cry:

Hello, I was just dropping in to say that I'm in a similar situation. I had a D&C yesterday. :( My first pregnancy (I'm 31) turned out to be a missed miscarriage discovered at 8 weeks, baby stopped growing at 6. I waited until I was almost 11 weeks and couldn't take it anymore, decided D&C was the best option to avoid complications or infections due to the baby being in there too long.

I'm very worried about miscarrying again. I find myself obsessed with information. I don't think it's healthy.. I spend so much time right now researching when it's safe to try again, what could have gone wrong, what to do to conceive again. I'm considering diet and exercise, fertility yoga and some supplements to prepare myself for the next pregnancy. I want to be sure my uterus is in the best possible condition to carry a baby, but I might be worrying more than I need to be.

I am definitely waiting at least one cycle, but maybe two or three. My husband wants to try again right away, but I'm too worried my uterine lining might not be thick enough. I also want to chart a cycle or two and see if my luteal phase is long enough. My first cycle off bcp was only 9 days, then I got pregnant. I'm not sure if that was related to my miscarriage.

Do I sound neurotic to you, because I do to me!

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. It helps to know there are others going through the same thing.

calvinzoey - I too had a d&c on Aug 15th and am waiting on AF to show. I was almost 11 weeks too. Right before going into surgery I asked my dr how long to wait and he said a couple of cycles. I go back to see him on the 27th, so I plan to get more information, as I have been googling that it's ok after AF shows to try. I've seen some where some ppl have gotten pg before AF even started, but I'm terrified I would mc again, so I would rather wait even though it's so hard to be patient.

But I'm playing the waiting game too. I just hope AF comes in 4-6 weeks and not a couple months like some stories I've read :s

Oh, my follow up appointment in on the 28th! Seems we are keeping a pretty similar schedule of things. Hopefully we'll both get our AF sooner rather than later, and also get that healthy pregnancy too. :) keep me updated!

Hello, I was just dropping in to say that I'm in a similar situation. I had a D&C yesterday. :( My first pregnancy (I'm 31) turned out to be a missed miscarriage discovered at 8 weeks, baby stopped growing at 6. I waited until I was almost 11 weeks and couldn't take it anymore, decided D&C was the best option to avoid complications or infections due to the baby being in there too long.

I'm very worried about miscarrying again. I find myself obsessed with information. I don't think it's healthy.. I spend so much time right now researching when it's safe to try again, what could have gone wrong, what to do to conceive again. I'm considering diet and exercise, fertility yoga and some supplements to prepare myself for the next pregnancy. I want to be sure my uterus is in the best possible condition to carry a baby, but I might be worrying more than I need to be.

I am definitely waiting at least one cycle, but maybe two or three. My husband wants to try again right away, but I'm too worried my uterine lining might not be thick enough. I also want to chart a cycle or two and see if my luteal phase is long enough. My first cycle off bcp was only 9 days, then I got pregnant. I'm not sure if that was related to my miscarriage.

Do I sound neurotic to you, because I do to me!

I'm so sorry for all of your losses. It helps to know there are others going through the same thing.

You don't sound neurotic! Well, no more neurotic than I have been. :) I'm thinking of trying everything possible to ensure a healthy pregnancy... And avoiding EVERYTHING that was EVER suspected of causing a mc.

I don't think your neurotic Babydue! If something should happen again you'll beat yourself up thinking you didn't take enough precautions. Its so hard to wait and the time will come when you really get down in the dumps especially close to the time the baby would have been born.

My last appointment when I went in for my f/u from my d&c the receptionist was so nice and told me not to give up and not to wait. She had had 4 m/cs and didn't wait a month before trying again and she now has 4 beautiful daughters. So lets keep thinking positive thoughts!:hugs:

Hi ladies, I came on here to post my own thread but got caught by this one.

I found out on the 23rd July at 10w1 day that our sweet baby's heart had stopped at 8w3d. I took it pretty hard. I had a D&C on the 24th July, and admitted to hospital a few hours after I got home with a virus and suspected infection, I spent 24 hours in hospital.
I was advised to wait 1-2 cycles by my gyno, she said more so that my mind is ready. She explained atleast one cycle is necessary so the lining of my uterus can return to a normal thickness to avoid another mc, this was the same advise by 2 other GP's.

Just a quick question if I may, I spotted until 2 weeks after the D&C and now I've been spotting for the past 4 days (it's almost 5 weeks since my D&C) my spotting has been creamy brown, red blood, stringy brown ... Sorry tmi. Have you had this? Could I spot for 4 days prior to my period? My gyno told me my period would be 4-8 weeks after my D&C.

Thanks in advance ladies. Big hugs to you all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->