TTC after D&C

eeeek

Reaction score
Hi all, wondered if you could help.

I had a D&C after a MMC 2 weeks and 2 days ago. Although I'm still bleeding a tiny bit (actually more like brown cm and only really in the mornings - sorry, TMI), I tested negative today for the first time on an ultrasensitive (10miu of hcg) HPT :happydance:.

We're keen to draw a line under this whole sorry mess and move on asap. Does anyone have any ideas when I'm likely to ovulate, and when af night arrive? I originally thought today (ie the day my hcg - in theory - fell to 0) was classed as cd1, but having looked at a couple of posts tonight it looks like the day after the d&c might have been cd1, therefore putting me at cd15 now.

Or is it all just potluck??

I've read that OPKs are a bit unreliable immediately after a d&c because of raging hormones etc, so haven't been using them, but any advice or experiences greatly received!!

x

Hi all, wondered if you could help.

I had a D&C after a MMC 2 weeks and 2 days ago. Although I'm still bleeding a tiny bit (actually more like brown cm and only really in the mornings - sorry, TMI), I tested negative today for the first time on an ultrasensitive (10miu of hcg) HPT :happydance:.

We're keen to draw a line under this whole sorry mess and move on asap. Does anyone have any ideas when I'm likely to ovulate, and when af night arrive? I originally thought today (ie the day my hcg - in theory - fell to 0) was classed as cd1, but having looked at a couple of posts tonight it looks like the day after the d&c might have been cd1, therefore putting me at cd15 now.

Or is it all just potluck??

I've read that OPKs are a bit unreliable immediately after a d&c because of raging hormones etc, so haven't been using them, but any advice or experiences greatly received!!

x

hey huns sorry for your loss BIG :hugs:

ok so i had a D&C 15 months ago also for a MMC, now i was told to count the day of my D&C as cd1 so i did, i then went on to ovulate the earliest iv ever oved at cd10 (this is prob due to fact i hadnt oved for few months due to preg and the D&C)
in personal experience i found opks fantastic after my D&C (but only when hcg was at 0 as they can test pos for HCG also) as i didnt have a clue when to expect ov and they worked fine for me first cycle after D&C so defo give them a try huns, id say to expect ov anytime from ur bleeding stopping so opking would be good idea, also try take up temping (any questions on that PM me :)) it may be too late in cycle now to start but if this cycle is unsuccessful then it worth having a go to pinpoint ur actual ov day :)
hope this helps huns and hope things settle soon and :bfp: round corner :flow:

That's a great help - thanks Charliemarina - will crack on with my thermometer and HPKs straight away!! I'm happy enough to wait for af before actively TTC - that's the advice we were given by the Dr (albeit I know this is usually as much for dating purposes as anything else) - but I'd just like to know what's going on inside my body as I just feel it's not my own any more! I'm still massively bloated (I was 10 weeks pg when we found out about the MMC), swollen fingers etc, but hopefully the BFN is the start of my body getting back to normal as well as the start of us TTC again!!
Thanks again
Ex

That's a great help - thanks Charliemarina - will crack on with my thermometer and HPKs straight away!! I'm happy enough to wait for af before actively TTC - that's the advice we were given by the Dr (albeit I know this is usually as much for dating purposes as anything else) - but I'd just like to know what's going on inside my body as I just feel it's not my own any more! I'm still massively bloated (I was 10 weeks pg when we found out about the MMC), swollen fingers etc, but hopefully the BFN is the start of my body getting back to normal as well as the start of us TTC again!!
Thanks again
Ex

as horrible as it is to see a :bfn: after a D&C its more of a relief, for 6 weeks after my D&C i tested pos still and very strongly BUT where i wasnt advised to test after the D&C and i didnt know much about falling HCG levels i didnt test it was only 6 weeks later that i didnt ov and thought i should test i was very sad actually ti find that i wasnt preg again but some of baby had been left from first D&C, i had a huge bleed and was very sick and was sent in for an ERPC (Evacuation of Retained Products of Conception), 3 days after the second procedure i tested neg for bloods and urine so this was a good sign i was getting bk to normal and everything was OK down there, so please dnt fret huns now u have heard my story u should feel a little better and smile that ur HCG is not nothing, id hate for anyone to experience what i did it was heart breaking, also after D&C huns try not to :sex: till the bleeding is totally gone for infection reasons as if ur bleeding then ur cervix is still open and right now ur very prone to infection and we wouldn't want that for u either chick :) xxxx

oh and anytime huns i know how scary these times are when the D&C is still raw at heart, ever need rant huns just PM me always glad to listen and help if i can its what we are ALL here for :flow: xx

I had a D&C on the 7th Jan after a MMC. I had my first AF on the 10th Feb, and I'm just testing positive now on opk's so I'm hoping I'm back to my normal 29 day cycle.

Good luck to you xxxx

Hey hun i had a d and C in October after a MMC it took me 6 weeks for AF to arrive and my ovulation changed to CD18 from 16.

I just got some IC OPKS and POAS from cd10 onwards :D

Good luck hun. My d and c was 2 weeks 3 days ago but still testing positive but we started BD 4 days ago. Not sure wen u ovulate. Think its just pot luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->