Ttc after depo provera

GabriellaSal

Reaction score
I have been off Depo Provera for almost 5 months now. I had my last depo shot June 27th, 2014 after being on it continuously for about 3 years... maybe longer. During my time on the shot I never had a period. Although, I did have a couple days of spotting every time my next shot was due. Coming off the shot my period returned instantly. It came in October when the shot was expected to have worn off, and lasted 2 weeks. The following months (November & December) I spotted a few days each month with no period. Then in January my period returned again, lasting another 2 weeks. Now I am anxiously waiting for February to see if AF returns again. After all the research I have done on this shot I have not come across anyone that has experienced what I have as far as spotting every month and period returning right away. If anyone has experienced something similar to my story please share your experience.

ie. Did anyone else experience spotting every month off Depo. How long did it take for period to return to normal. How long until you ovulated once periods did return. How long did it take for you to get a positive pregnancy test.

I am already aware that it could take anywhere from 6 to 18 months to get pregnant, or even just to get your period back. That is not the info I am looking for because my period has already returned as far as I can tell it must be a good sign that I have bled or even spotted atleast once every month.

I've only taken the depo injection twice. The first month I had no periods until my next one was due then the second one I bled and spotted for 3 months solid! I'm no longer spotting and I'm anxiously waiting my next period around the 26th of feb.

I really do think it's a waiting game as it stunts your hormones so much. I think it's good though that you have had a bled every month since it means your body is sorting itself out.

I'll be stalking to see how you get on Hun ��

Hi Hun I had Depo for 4 years , it took me 7 months for af to return regularly (had spotting before on and off ) then I conceived In oct but sadly was a MMC had d&c in jan now hoping for another bfp soon :) it takes a bit for your hormones to get back on track , good luck :) x

I had two shots of depo, I spotted fairly frequently while I was on depo with no real AF, as well as gained a lot of weight, so I decided to stop them, expecting the spotting to stop. It however continued for nearly a year until I finally saw a doctor who cared enough to help me out. She explained spotting can be a sign of anovulation(lack of ovulation), she decided to do blood tests and found out I had PCOS. She started me on Metformin and within two months my cycles finally went back to normal, what they were like before I had gotten the depo shot. I always had very regular cycles before getting the depo shot with no real signs or symptoms of PCOS, so to this day I wonder if the depo shot caused me to develop PCOS. I'm not sure if I'll ever find out. I say this because it's not a well known fact that spotting can be caused by anovulation, and not to be a downer but spotting or irregular menstrual cycles especially after coming off depo is not necessarily a good sign. If in a few months your cycles still aren't back to normal I suggest seeing your doctor and making sure everything is okay.

I had one depo shot after a devistating miscarriage, last shot was on may 2nd last yr. technically should've "worn off" around the beginning of august, my period returned on august 24th , I would have 3 day periods with 35 day cycles and NO ovulation... Untill January :) I had a regular 5/6 day period in january and got positive ovulation tests but did not get pregnant. Then Feb. I had another 5 day period and I am currently waiting to ovulate and am on CD 12 but BD'ing and testing with a clearblue digital fertility monitor every day. My body feels like its gearing up to ovulate and I am having very fertile looking wet and kind of stretchy CM.

So my last shot was May 2nd, I began tracking my CM and my periods in August, did not have regular periods untill January 3rd, have begun ovulating and will come back and let you know if I get my BFP this month ... feeling very confident as my body and cycle are now regulated and I am ovulating again :)

I was on depo for 8 years before having my first child, it took around 7 months for my periods to return to my regular 28 day cycle, then 2 months after ttc I fell pregnant.

I also used depo and then switched to an IUD because depo had bad effects. I had the iud removed after 3 years due to sever pain in my lower abdomen. I did not have a period for several years while on those forms of bc and it has taken me about a year for my cycles to go back to normal. My hubby and I started ttc a 1.5 yrs ago but since I was all over the map we took a long break. My obgyn did tests and I was Oing but probably not at a normal time. My cycles have been pretty consistent the past couple of months so we are ttc again. Had I known what I do now, I would've opted out of those options.

I have been off Depo Provera for almost 5 months now. I had my last depo shot June 27th, 2014 after being on it continuously for about 3 years... maybe longer. During my time on the shot I never had a period. Although, I did have a couple days of spotting every time my next shot was due. Coming off the shot my period returned instantly. It came in October when the shot was expected to have worn off, and lasted 2 weeks. The following months (November & December) I spotted a few days each month with no period. Then in January my period returned again, lasting another 2 weeks. Now I am anxiously waiting for February to see if AF returns again. After all the research I have done on this shot I have not come across anyone that has experienced what I have as far as spotting every month and period returning right away. If anyone has experienced something similar to my story please share your experience.

ie. Did anyone else experience spotting every month off Depo. How long did it take for period to return to normal. How long until you ovulated once periods did return. How long did it take for you to get a positive pregnancy test.

I am already aware that it could take anywhere from 6 to 18 months to get pregnant, or even just to get your period back. That is not the info I am looking for because my period has already returned as far as I can tell it must be a good sign that I have bled or even spotted atleast once every month.

I have gone through such a similiar experience as you!! I had only one shot but did not have my period the whole time, my period returned about three weeks after my next one was due. after that I have regularly every 35 days or so had 1-3 days of spotting. In January my period came for REAL, had 6 days of bleeding and used dollar tree OPK's but got nothing but faint lines all month. Did have lots of wet CM around CD 18 in January.

This month - February - I had a 5 day period...and invested in a (EXPENSIVE) Clearblue fertility Monitor. I have used my fertility monitor every single day since my period ended and got negatives every single day... UNTIL TODAY!! So I got my first smiley face OPK this morning. Gonna hold my urine and test again at 2 o'clock.

There is hope, gurrrl!! I have lots of wet CM right now and am having "patches" of stretchy CM.

Good luck and I hope you find the answers you're looking for! PM if you want any more info for me. My last shot was May 2nd, 2014. Spotting began occurring around period time on August 24. Real periods returned in Jan. Hopefully ovulatin tomorrow and BFP in a couple weeks ;-) I will try to remember to come back to this and let you know if I do get my BFP this month.

XOXOXOXO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->