• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

TTC after depo shot

TTC 84

Reaction score
So after baby no 4 I have been on depo for 3 years , last shot was due in dec , but we have decided to TTC so didn't get it . I know it can take a while to return to ovulation , I've been having a few aches as if something's going on, fingers x I start ovulating sooner rather than later . Any advice would be great . I have started checking my cervix but bit unsure what to feel for have read should feel for dimple ? I can feel more of a slit ? Thanks in advance

Hiya

I think once you have had a child the cervix will feel more like a 'slit' rather a than a dimple and about depo, well it will be almost 17 months since my first and last ever shot, my periods returned 9 months later and was all weird until December last year but I'm still waiting on a BFP, everyone is different x

Hi thanks for replying , wow 17 months hope you get your bfp soon :)

my last depo shot was june or july last year can't quite remember. since then i have either had a non stop period or nothing. doctor had put me on progesterone only pills for 3 cycles to try and regulate but they didn't work and now he wants to do some testing. i have decided to try vitex and dong quai myself to see if that can work other wise we have decided in august to go in for tests as that is our "real" ttc date although if it happened now we would be so happy!

i would not wish depo on anyone! all i have heard are horrible stories on how long it takes to get cycles back, i am 100% sure i have not ovulated since i stopped :( and i was only had the repo shot 3 times

my last depo shot was june or july last year can't quite remember. since then i have either had a non stop period or nothing. doctor had put me on progesterone only pills for 3 cycles to try and regulate but they didn't work and now he wants to do some testing. i have decided to try vitex and dong quai myself to see if that can work other wise we have decided in august to go in for tests as that is our "real" ttc date although if it happened now we would be so happy!

i would not wish depo on anyone! all i have heard are horrible stories on how long it takes to get cycles back, i am 100% sure i have not ovulated since i stopped :( and i was only had the repo shot 3 times

I definitely won't be having depo again I hate waiting not knowing if I'm ovulating yet or when I'll start :shrug: good luck hope all goes well in august for you :flower:

So on the 17, 18 19th I had ovulation like pain , so just on the off chance we bd every second day , on the 24th I had a few funny aches lower back . Then nothing until today with af like aches ? Not to mention some funky veins in my boobies, which has always been first pregnancy sign for me . Think coming off depo has made my body crazy and I'm imagining things . Just wish af would come so we can start TTC properly.

I definitely won't be having depo again I hate waiting not knowing if I'm ovulating yet or when I'll start :shrug: good luck hope all goes well in august for you :flower:

Hi,
I had two depo shots last year, my last being the 1st May (2013). Since it had "left" my body I was having two periods a month, really heavy and painful. Me and OH did not use any contraception and nothing had happened, so by December I couldn't take it anymore. I had read that the pill evens it all out, so I went on the pill. That was making me bleed literally nearly every day, so end of January I stopped taking it.
I had my period the 1st Feb and then found out I was pregnant after that, sadly I lost it... but I am trying to concieve again... the midwife and doctor both said that this is the start of my body getting back to normal :)

So all in all it took 9 months to start ovulating again..

The only advice I can give is to go get the contraceptive pill and it take it for a month or two :)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"