TTC after depo... who is with me on this journey?

lilegg2014

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I thought I would make a thread for those ttc after depo injection. Would be nice to have some new buddies to share this journey with. I've had one shot of the depo and I was supposed to go and have another one on the 26th June, but decided against it as I want to try for a baby :) after reading all of the horror stories of conceiving after the depo, I'm very anxious to how long it's going to take! If anyone has any success stories, please share :D

Many thanks, Jade :)

hi there, i am ttc after the shot. this is our first month ttc before that we have been ntnp. i have been off the shot for over a year and my cycles are still not back to normal, and i have developed cysts on my ovaries which they said is normal after it :( I am on cd 2 after a 90 day cycle were i bleed for 85 of those days, i had a week of no bleeding and it started again yesterday. good luck with your bfp, this month i am going to be doing ovulation tests to see if i am ovulating at all, fingers crossed i do and we can catch the egg.

Hello :)

I'm starting to think that people should steer clear of the depo. I've heard too many negative things about it. How long were you on the shot for? And it's rubbish that you've been off the shot for a year and your still not regulated :/ have you seen the doc as it has been so long? Maybe they can try and help kick start your cycles? I have been experiencing really light flow, like spotting for the past 2 weeks. I'm really hoping you regulate soon and get your bfp hun. And OPK'ing a good idea, I might have to invest in some. Lots of them lol :)

Hi, I am TTC after my last depot injection which was last August so its actually been out of my system now for 8 months. We have only just decided to start trying for out first baby, literally 2 days ago and have only had unprotected sex once since then.
I still have not had any bleeding since stopping the depot,, hoping everything is ok down there!! :) xxx

Yes we have a ttc after depo thread, let me find it!

Omg Libby, a cyst was found on my right ovary back in April, I'm now wondering if depo may have caused it?!!

I was on depo for 3 sets of injections and I HATED it. Regardless if I didn't bleed but it was the cause to me having pcos and no longer ovulate. I had a cyst rupture in early February that sent me to the hospital for hemorrhaging. Ever since then, I've spotted with coffee grain like stuff and still no ovulation after a year off it. It shouldn't be allowed to be given to any woman. It's nasty and yes the benefits are sometimes good, the weight gain and irregularities are not worth the trouble.

Just to add a positive story...I got prego after like 2-3 yrs of Depo. I was 20 at the time. I went off it then got prego without trying about 4 months later. I later got in a a car accident and m/c but that had nothing to do with the depo so, there is hope for TTC after depo!

Also trying to conceive after depo ! I did so successfully with baby number 2 but I have my body a year to get back to normal and then actively ttc for 4 months before our bfp :) now that Jaxton is 15 months we are ready for baby #3 but I made the stupid mistake of going back on depo for 3 injections. My last shot was April 11 so I am 5 and a half weeks over due on my shot . I thought I was ovulating today and took an opk that I thought was positive but was actually very obviously negative :( now I'm really wanting another baby !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->