TTC after depo

Mummyofone26

Reaction score
Hello I’m new here I’m megan 26 years old and a mum to a 4 year old little girl.

I was due my last depo on the 22nd of July 2019
I have yet to have a period me and my partner have not been trying but we have not been preventing either.

ive recently started bleeding just after having sex Just some blood when I wipe but sex has been painfull almost like It was my first time. I asked my partner if he thought sex felt any different he said to me it’s as if I’m quite dry down there! I’m not sure if it could be due to Hormones after depo?

Hi Megan. So Depo does all kinds of things to the body. How long were you on it for? The dryness definitely could be from the hormones being out of wack. It will take time to get them back to normal. I was on Depo for 4 years total in my whole life but this last time I was on it for 2 years before conceiving my 3rd child after 6 months after getting off Depo.

To be exact it’s been 5 months and 4 weeks since I was due my depo x yesterday i started with tender boobs x I was on it for 4 years x

To be exact it’s been 5 months and 4 weeks since I was due my depo x yesterday i started with tender boobs x I was on it for 4 years x

Gotcha! So it may take a little time to work out of your system. My boobs would hurt so bad each cycle and then they got better but would hurt really bad after I would ovulate. I had hot flashes. I had a lot of symptoms that made me just feel like I was pregnant all the time. Getting off Depo sucked lol. I am glad to be off though and wont get back on it. Hoping everything gets bck to normal for you soon. If you go over a year with no cycles I would go see a doc. Hugs!

I feel you here! last depo may 2019. didnt renew it August 2019. still no periods however had a chemical pregnancy not long after stopping. not preventing not trying. I'm 25 and had been on it 5 years. also feeling very dry down there, keep getting sore tender breasts, nausea, etc. but 1000% not pregnant . I just want a period already never thought I'd say that ha x

A very good friend of mine was on the depo for years and it took almost 2 years for her to start ovulating again. The fertility centre told her that the depo should not be used long term for people that do want children at some point. Her GP never informed her of that. It affects different people in different ways, some people return to normal straight away. Good luck

Ooooh it messed me up bad. I had one shot- was on it 3 months, then we decided NTNP. I bled the majority of 6m, and my cycles were super funky after it. Over a year later we were all out trying. I had 3 chemical pregnancies when I finally did start getting pregnant- my doctors and I are convinced it’s bc my hormones were so out of whack. I ended up needing femera and progesterone to keep one. Thankfully as time went on, my system seemed to return mostly to normal- it’s been 8 years since. I’d never ever do it again or recommend it to anyone!!

apparently the notes with it say it can take 2y after to get back to normal. My doc failed to mention that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->