TTC after depo

Discussion in 'TTC Groups & Discussions' started by Mummyofone26, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Mummyofone26

Mummyofone26 Member

Hello I’m new here I’m megan 26 years old and a mum to a 4 year old little girl.

I was due my last depo on the 22nd of July 2019
    I have yet to have a period me and my partner have not been trying but we have not been preventing either.

ive recently started bleeding just after having sex Just some blood when I wipe but sex has been painfull almost like It was my first time. I asked my partner if he thought sex felt any different he said to me it’s as if I’m quite dry down there! I’m not sure if it could be due to Hormones after depo?

2. Hoping4numbr3

Hoping4numbr3 Well-Known Member

Hi Megan. So Depo does all kinds of things to the body. How long were you on it for? The dryness definitely could be from the hormones being out of wack. It will take time to get them back to normal. I was on Depo for 4 years total in my whole life but this last time I was on it for 2 years before conceiving my 3rd child after 6 months after getting off Depo.

Mummyofone26 likes this.
  3. Mummyofone26

Mummyofone26 Member

To be exact it’s been 5 months and 4 weeks since I was due my depo x yesterday i started with tender boobs x I was on it for 4 years x

Hoping4numbr3 likes this.
  4. Hoping4numbr3

Hoping4numbr3 Well-Known Member

Gotcha! So it may take a little time to work out of your system. My boobs would hurt so bad each cycle and then they got better but would hurt really bad after I would ovulate. I had hot flashes. I had a lot of symptoms that made me just feel like I was pregnant all the time. Getting off Depo sucked lol. I am glad to be off though and wont get back on it. Hoping everything gets bck to normal for you soon. If you go over a year with no cycles I would go see a doc. Hugs!

5. laurenxoh

laurenxoh Well-Known Member

I feel you here! last depo may 2019. didnt renew it August 2019. still no periods however had a chemical pregnancy not long after stopping. not preventing not trying. I'm 25 and had been on it 5 years. also feeling very dry down there, keep getting sore tender breasts, nausea, etc. but 1000% not pregnant . I just want a period already never thought I'd say that ha x