Ttc after emcs

Laurhilou

Mum and expecting #2!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Just wondering how long it took you to fall pregnant after a section. Also how long did you wait? I read some stuff online tonight hat suggest sections can harm fertility and I got really down about it so brought ttc forward a month incase I have problems lol. Xx

I haven't had a section, but my mother-in-law has had 5! She had twins and then singletons after that. As far as fertility, I believe she had them when she meant to and didn't try for too long. I'm sure things will work out for you, just relax :)

My surgeon advised waiting for 18months to ensure all the internal tissue and muscle had healed, but we are only ttc #2 now almost 20months later. I've seen plenty of women on these boards have babies much sooner than this after a cs, there is a small risk of uterine rupture but I think it is very small.

I've never heard that a cs can harm future fertility, so that's a new one for me! I'd mistrust that given that I've never heard of anyone having problems conceiving again after/because of a cs.

Good luck and babydust!

Yeah or heard wait 24 months 20 months 12 monta 6 months lol... So I went to the doctor and he said I was fine to go again. Our hospital has the facilities to enable a water birth after a section, so I'm hoping for a vbac than a elec- section xxx

The only reason they say fertility is reduced is because there is a scar across your uterus so if the egg lands there it can't attach properly.
In short terms there's a smaller percentage of surface area on your uterus a egg can implant. My doc said wait 9 months but we started pretty much straight away as I have fertility problems. We did have an early mc 2 months ago and at almost 9 months we are almost ready to move onto medical treatments, I'd love to be pregnant by Jaces 1st birthday !

Thanks for that info! I didn't know that.. Oh sorry for your loss and I wish you all the luck with ttc. X

My friend conceived 10 months after her c section without difficulty x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"