TTC after implanon/nexplanon contraceptive implant removal!

pihabella

Reaction score
Hi all, just trying to get some discussion about experiences after implant removal as I know it is quite different to the BCP.
I had mine removed 14 Aug, had a withdrawal bleed the next day for 5 days, then first real period 35 days after that. The next cycle was really odd with multiple phases of EWCM about a week apart then AF arrived on CD42, leading me to believe I ovulated on CD26-8ish (which fits the last phase of fertile CM). Note sure what is going on as my cycles were never this long before. Also lots of PMS symptoms such as cramping, fatigue and bloating. I am going to try vitex this round to see if it can even things out and allow me to ovulate sooner. What are others experiences coming off the implant?? Any tips??:wacko:

Hi sorry you had no replies. I've also had implant removed but no withdrawal bleed just 4 separate occasions of spotting. I'm feeling impatient and frustrated. How did you get on? Xx

Hello I had mine removed about same time as you I had a bleed a few days after then a period cd42 it's soo frustrating having no idea where your cycles are etc apparently it can take up to a year to be regular again I really hope this isn't the case for us :-( x

Hi ladies,

I was on the jab for about 5 years and then the implant for a combined 6 years, something like that...

I got no withdrawal bleed but a very light period about 30 days later - my chart for this cycle is in my siggy. Ovulated at CD14 and got a 12 day LP. No EWCM at all that cycle so thought hormones still slightly out of whack.

This cycle began the same, light period but i ovulated on CD12, and am now 3dpo. Lots of EWCM this time, even 2 days after O!

I think i was lucky it all returned quite quickly. I had no idea about cycle length or anything as i began it all at 15!

Hopefully things will level out for you soon :)

I had mine taken out on the 19th of October. . I had it in for 4 1/2 years. While AF was visiting. .today is CD23 AF is suppose to be here in 3 days according to my 26 day cycle. We aren't really trying. .. but we aren't preventing either. So we shall see in the next couple of days. (Kinda nervous)

Thanks for the responses ladies!
Project Bean- your cycle this time sounds a lot like mine. I am on CD14 today after a very light period for me (more like what I had on the BCP before I went on Implanon) and have lots of EWCM today so guess I may ovulate soon. Will see what the OPKs say. If I do ovulate this week it will be a lot earlier than the last few cycles so either the hormones are normalising on their own or the vitex is working!
Mcvo- it is frustrating huh! Glad to see that other people are in the same boat as me though and we can vent about it together! I have heard that your hormones normalise much faster after the implant than the pill though, so we may be lucky and get our BFPs soon:)
Rockmom- good luck with the rest of the TWW- hope its your lucky month!
Baby09- hope you get your AF soon or that BFP instead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->