TTC after implanon removal

haacke_elisac

Wife and mommy!
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am new to this site as of about ten minutes ago. I just got married in October and moved out to Seattle with my husband. We just started TTC this month-I just had my Implanon removed on Monday. Has anyone had any problems with getting pregnant after removal? I have heard so many different things. I am worried because I only got my period twice and had the Implanon for about 18 months. I had a very heavy period in May of 2009, and then one about a month ago, so trying to figure out when I am fertile is going to be very difficult for me. I have taken a few ovulation predictor tests, and both were negative. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? I'm afraid I am going to have trouble getting pregnant :nope:

Hi and welcome, I only really joined up here as I was worried just the same as you. I had my implanon removed on the 9th of Nov so 4 weeks this monday. Had a small withdrawal bleed well spotting but nothing since. Hoping to get my AF soon so I now that my body is getting on track. Have been a bit freaked out by the stories I've read too but on the other hand quite a few ladies on here have got their BFP the first month so I guess everyone is different. Good luck to you and hope to see you about in the TTC section keep us informed on your progress.:hugs:

hiya i got pg straight away when having the implant out. unfortunatley i had a mc. but is shows that your fertility can return straight away.

Thanks! It must really work differently for everyone. I'm sitting at work (I am a nurse-today is a slow day!) and I'm starting to feel kind of crampy. Not sure if it's from the removal or if I should be expecting a period-I had one (one of the two I had in 18 months!) last month starting on November 7 and lasting for one week. I hope I am one of the lucky ones that gets pregnant straight away. I'm just really nervous!

i was told that it takes 48 to get it out your system! so you may not get a period yet! i had bleeding non-stop for 4 months prior to having it removed. stopped bleeding 2 days after removal and then got bfp 5 weeks later. it could be ovuation cramping?? i would just bed as much as poss as you are supposidly very fertile after having it removed

HI i was on the implanon for about 8 or 9 months I never had a Af at all the whole time I had it in i got it taken out at the end of july and got my first AF the end of aug got a BFP one month later.so basically everything happened very quickly (quicker than i thought it might) but a big thing that i think helped us all was the first response opks. best of luck to you!! :thumbup:

I'm in the same boat. i had my implanon removed on wednesday. Never had AF once while had the implanon in (5 years) so i haven't a clue what my cycle is like. Was very irregular before i had my DS, 5 odd years ago. lol . Fx we all get back to normal nice and quickly...and a :bfp: from santa would be lovely!

Good luck

:flower:Lisa:flower:

I did by the First Response opks. Did one last night-nothing. A very faint test line. Hopefully things start to get under way quickly. We are practicing almost every day! ha!

Hi:flower:

I had my implamon taken out 10 weeks ago and have just got my BFP:happydance:

At first i was really worried too that i would have problems. what made it worse it that I still haven't really had a 'proper' period so didn't know when I was ovulating. i tried temping but gave up after a few days! We just tried to BD every other day to catch the eggy.

Also what really freaked me out is that for the first 6 or 7 weeks i had loads of symptoms, which i have later found out can all be symptoms of implanon removel eg cramps, some spotting, headaches, bloating, nausea and even some dizziness.

It happened pretty quick for me and I wish you ladies all the luck in the world. Just remember, it can happen, even quickly after implanon.

ps I had mine in for 9 years in total, 3 one after the other. and before that i was on the pill!!

Good luck and:hugs:

I'm jess, I had my implanon out 16 months ago and have been trying ever since with no luck. It took me 6 months to even get af back after 18 months without while on it. It can take 48 hours to 36 months for it to completely exit your system. Good luck

I had implant out april 2008 and fell pregnant striaght away unfortunatly i m/c. but does show u still can be fertille x

Thats great news lets hope it works just as quick for the rest of us.
Good Luck everyone
:dust::dust::dust:

It's been a week since I've had mine out-still no AF. Having lots of symptoms though. I am very tired with some dizziness and bloating. I am having some slight cramping, but nothing that I really notice-just every once in a while. The biggest symptom is that the "girls" are HUGE. Even my husband noticed. I'm also having some white milky discharge (sorry if TMI!!!) I took a HPT yesterday-nothing. I also bought the OPK's for at home-nothing. Do you think these are symptoms of the removal?

yes definatly. i had all the symptoms you did its from the implanon removal.except the booby thing

ahhh this thread is great! i to had my implanon out after 2 years on 30th april... i feel like i may have ovulated but i dont know if it was just side effects... i hope it wasnt we have been bd'ing like mad.... its just a question of when should i test if AF doesnt appear soon, what do you reckon?
i so hope im one of the luckier ones :D

hi there im in the same boat i had my implant out november 27th i had a couple of days on and off spotting then nothink ive been doing opks and it showed i was ovulating on wed 9th and thur 10th december so now im looking at posibly 4 or 5 days past ov i worked it out on the thurs it was 14 days scince i had my implant out and i always had 28 day cycle so im gonna test christmas eve if af dont arrive , good luck to every one

Oh thats really good and very encouraging news im also gonna test xmas eve as i think i may have oved over the last few days...keep me posted and hopefully one or both of us with have good news :D

just remember ladies its not over til the witch shows. I didnt get a BFP til AF was 4 days late!!

Hey ladies, I had my implant out after 2 years on the 30th sept. I had a withdrawel bleed on 7th Oct and then a 44 day cycle before I came on again on the 19th Nov. I dont know if Im coming or going now lol...Im either due :af: tomorrow (28 day cycle) or not til new years eve if Im the same 44 day cycle as last month...

I have been using OPK's but have not had a positive yet, I had a line that wasnt as dark at the control line on CD17 but it didnt get any darker, just stoped completely and not had another line since. So am totally lost :shrug: !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->