TTC after losing my little boy

Bunnipowder

Reaction score
Hi all I had a baby boy callum on the 3rd october but his brain hadnt developed properly which we was unaware of throughout the pregnancy callum started fitting and suffered brain damage and he left us on the 8th october 5days old, at the minute we are organising his funeral, but i know 100% that i want to try and concieve again straight away as long as the results from post mortem are okay not sure where we would stand case its a genetic problem, im seeing the midwife on monday so i will ask her but do you think i have to wait for my cycle to come regular again ? and how long does that take? is it possible to fall pregnant again so quickly? xxx

Im so sorry for the loss of Callum.

My daughter died last July at 40 wks.

I waited 6 months before TTC again and i got my :bfp: in August.

You will know when you are ready.

Loads of:hug::hug:

Victoria xx x

how tramactic for u both :( both ur babies were born at due date,and Bunnipowder wot a grt weight ! why does this appen? or not detected earlier ?!?! so so upsettin,im in tears :( i MC at 12wk and thought i was lucky as the baby was only 6wk in size,but i knew nothing till 11wk till i started spottin,went 4scan and was told the awful news,first pregnancy aswell...but nothing to wot uv both been thro,Bunnipowder ive been tryin since mc in mar08 and still waitin, hope u get ur bfp asap hun...:)

I don't have any answers, I just wanted to say how very sorry I am for your loss. Callum was a beautiful baby boy. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

v2007 - so sorry for your loss too. I can't imagine how painful that must have been for you :hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy. I am so sorry that he couldn't be with you for longer than he was... :hugs:

It will take time for your body to get back to normal... Once you have stopped bleeding, which could be up to 3 / 4 weeks (but could be less) it is just a case of waiting for your period to return. It is only breastfeeding that suppresses the reproductive hormone that brings on periods, your cycle could return within a few months, but may well be irregular. You can start to TTC as soon as you feel ready too, but it is best to wait for your first monthly period at least so that you have a good idea of your dates.

Good luck for the post mortem results. I hope it's the best news it can be, that it was a random birth defect and not a genetic problem, so that you can try again with minimal stress of this occurring again...

I am so sorry for your loss. May your little angel be happy where he's resting now.

:hugs:

I thought of you and closed my eyes, and prayed to God today; I asked what makes a mother and I know I heard him say....

God: A mother has a baby, this we know is true.

Me: But God, can you be a mother, when your baby's not with you?

God: Yes you can.

(He replied with confidence in his voice)

God: I give many women babies - when they leave is not their choice. Some I send for a lifetime, and others for a day, And some I send to feel your womb but there's no need to stay.

Me: I just don't understand this, God. I want my baby here.

(He took a breath and cleared his throat, and then, I saw a tear.)

God:I wish I could show you what your child is doing today. If you could see your child smile with other children and say,

"We go to earth to learn our lessons of love and life and fear. My mummy loved me oh so much, I got to come straight here... I feel so lucky to have a mum, who had so much love for me; I learned my lessons very quickly - my mummy set me free. I miss my mummy oh so much, but I visit her each day. When she goes to sleep, on her pillow is where I lay. I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek, and whisper in her ear, 'Mummy, don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here.'"

God: So, you see, my dear sweet one, your child is okay - your baby is here in my home and this is where he'll stay. He'll wait for you with me, until your lesson is through - And on that day that you come home, he'll be at the gates for you.

So, now you see what makes a mother; it's the feeling in your heart. It's the love you had so much of, right from the very start.​

Oh my goodness, this is so unfair for you. My heart really does go out to you, and to other couples in similar situations. He was a beautiful baby and you deserved him to be with you. I hope that your future holds more luck for you, I really do. XX

:hug: i am deeply sorry for the lost of your little boy.:hugs:

I am ever so sorry for your losses. I couldn't even begin to imagine what you are going through. I hope that the post mortem results are as best they can (considering the situation) and that it is just one of those random things that have no explanation not something genetic.
I will say when I had my first DD that I stopped PP bleeding some where between 1-2 weeks PP. I got first PP AF 4 weeks to the day later and had a regular cycle then on until we conceived at 4 months PP.
Again I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful boy, and I hope that (if the results are not genetic) that your cycle returns to normal fast and that you can begin to try again.

Time has taken me from you,
Although not very far.
I'll be watching through the sunshine
And through the brightest star.

I'll be watching all of you,
From the heavens up above.
So take good care of each other
And carry all my love.

If you're ever wondering
If I'm there, here's where you can start.
Take a look inside yourself
Deep within your heart.

I'll always be your baby,
Your child, your best friend.
So anytime you need me,
Close your eyes I'm back again.

I just wanted to say congratulations to you both on the birth of your beautiful baby boy and that im sorry with all my heart you didnt have him with you for so much longer. :hug:

Im sorry i dont have the answer to your question. A friend of mine lost her little boy at 32weeks. She is now mummy to two earthly little girls but i think she waited around 6 months before ttc again. Whatever you decide :hug:

:hug:I am so very sorry for the loss of baby Callum :hug:x x x x x x

I am so very sorry for your loss of your son. He looks so beautiful and perfect. I cannot imagine the pain you feel. You have my deepest sympathy.

:hug:Sorry to hear your sad news, give yourself time to grieve for your loss, it may take a while for your body to understand that you are not pregnant any more - I would take advice from your doctor.

so sorry for your loss hun, i wish you luck in whatever you decide to do next x

I'm sorry about your precious Callum. I can't imagine the devastation. :hug: :hug:

I don't think you have to wait until your cycle is regular. If you wait for your cycle to be regular again, you could be waiting a long time. After almost 10 mos, my cycle still isn't completely regular.

good luck for whatever you decide xx

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :hugs: thank you for sharing your pictures. I hope you get a :bfp: soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"