TTC after mirena coil

Emzie212

Reaction score
I had the mirena coil removed 8 months ago and ever since we been trying unsuccessfully wondered if anybody else had been struggling. Thanks

I had mine for almost 2 years and this is our 7/8 month of trying :-(. So you are definitely not alone. We tried really hard core for the first 6months but have been taking a more relaxed.approach.now. I was getting really depressed and dh was feeling way to much pressure. Though I loved my mirena when I had it, I don't plan on getting I again
My cycles are 30-31 days now and af lasts about 5. Before mirena I had 28-30 day cycles and af lasted 7. So don't know if my body is still adjusting off the hormones or if my cycles have just changed. Hope you get your bfp soon!

Sorry for bad spelling and multiple periods I'm on my phone lol

Yes my cycles have changed as well since coming off mirena however I had no periods while I had the mirena in. I have done so much research to try and find out if it is just my body adjusting back to natural hormones but they seem to all say hormones should return to normal as soon as mirena is removed. We are very similar to you in the fact we have now taken more relaxed approach. It's such an emotional roller coaster best of luck to you x

It definitely is an emotional roller coaster lol and it is crazy how similar our situations are. When I was on the mirena I still.had af but it was always super light like every 3-4 months and only lasted 3/4 days. Have you tried temping? I tried it for one month but it's really hard because I work night shift and don't have a set schedule..it confirmed ovulation but I have no idea how accurate it was(a plus was that it did correlate with the opks) so I think it was accurate. Do you plan on going to see the doctor anytime soon or just keep trying?

Not not heard temping. We booked a holiday abroad and thought the get away and being relaxed would help things along so going to start next month. Planning on going to drs in January then it's almost a year although after coil removal my periods have been regular but this month it's a week early which I am also very confused about as this has never happened. Are you going to go to drs?

I would like to go to the doctor in feb/march since that would be a year that we have been trying, but dh wants to try until next summer before going. To be honest I'd go now but my doctor won't see you for fertility testing until you've been trying for a year. I think he's afraid something is wrong with him and doesn't want to admit it :-/. I keep telling him it just takes time, but it's really hard since everyone keeps "popping up pregnant" around us haha. I just keep praying about it and I am glad that I didn't have the problem of my period not coming back at all. Not sure if you're in the usa or not, but we're going to Gatlinburg, Tennessee in December (during my fertile week woop woop haha) as our christmas present for each other to see the lights and get some R&R. So hopefully we can both have luck on our holidays if it doesn't happen before then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->