TTC after miscarriage

BabyHope1978

Reaction score
I have had a roller coaster week, finding out on moody that I'm pregnant, and then beginning to miscarry on Wednesday, confirmed this morning at the early pregnancy unit.

After that brief glimmer of joy on Monday when I thought out TTC day were over, we are now back to that stage. Obviously we are very upset, but also glad it happened very early if it was not meant to be, rather than after a few weeks when the pregnancy would have felt more real.

Have any of you been in this position before? The nurse at the early pregnancy unit advised against TTC until after my next period, so my uterus is back to normal, so looks like we'll have a bit of a delay (possibly no bad thing given the recent stress).

Really hoping we'll have much more luck when we start trying again

i have lost 3babies at 13weeks onwards babes so sorry for your loss xx

sorry for your loss hun. i had a mc at 7 weeks in june last year. horrible! My OH had only just come round to the idea that we were gonna have a baby (he hadnt spoken to me for 10 days, it was all a complete accident, i was supposed to be taking the pill but i missed a few having been on a conference with work and forgotten to take them :dohh:) and everything was so good for about 2 days and then it all went horribly wrong.

We've only just (from jan) started trying again as it took me quite a while to get over it. Still hurts now really when i think about it, but, as cheesy as it sounds, time heals.

i hope you have good luck in the future and hope your next bfp isnt too far away and is a sticky one!

:kiss:

Babyhope1978 - I have unfortunately gone through the exact situation. Found out I was preggo and 4 days later started to MC. I personally waited 2 AF's to get back to TTC (well 1 and then 1 NTNP), but many girls are told they don't have to wait. If you ever need to vent, feel free to PM me.

So sorry for your loss. We took positive test in November and I started bleeding one day later. It was a couple weeks after missed period, but I didn't really keep track back then. DH and I have never been good at planning this stuff. We have two boys which were both whoops! And now that I am obsessed with conceiving again, I think the pressure is getting to him. He would rather just pretend that we're not TTC and find out when the HPT is positive. :dohh: It definitely changes things once you lose a pregnancy.

Last Halloween I got a BFP and it was totally unexpected & my very first pregnancy. A week later I started bleeding and then the day before Thanksgiving I found out our baby went back to heaven. Unfortunately I had many issues and wound up having a D&C 16 December. It was hard and took a while to get over it. I still have issues looking at my U/S pics or talking about it, but it gets better each day. The hardest thing for me was that I got to hear my baby's heartbeat before on 10 November and then when I went back on 24 November there was none, so it actually felt like a death to me. I'm now 3 AF post miscarriage and my husband & I decided that it was time to try and I am now only 2 DPO and my nerves are killing me. So keep your head up dear, everything happens for a reason. The more I read about early miscarriages the easier it is for me as they usually happen so early because of some abnormality in the chromosomes so it had nothing to do with anything you or I did.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You'll get your little one soon :hugs:

I had a chemical last cycle and I'm still waiting for AF to show. Never ovulated this cycle, and I'm a week late now :( I hate waiting!!

baby dust <3 good luck!

So sorry!

...After my first mc at eight weeks, I was told to wait one cycle. I ended up having a very long cycle after that, and decided to go ahead with ttc just because so much time had expired between the natural mc and the following ovulation.

I also had a chemical pregnancy at five weeks; I was told we didn't have to wait to ttc. Even if I had been told to wait, I probably wouldn't have because it happened so early on.

So I guess it would depend mostly on how far along you are/were. Perhaps the mini-break might get you a little bit of rest; an opportunity to de-stress and prepare your body all over again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->