TTC after Nexplanon removal

cw1990

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new to this. My partner and I are trying for baby number 2. I had my Nexplanon implant removed 12th September. I was hoping any of you could enlighten me. How long does it take for period to return? I didn't have them when the implant was in. My GP told me you return to normal fertility straight away. Thanks everyone :)

Hey cw. I had my nexplanon removed on sept 13th. I didn't have my periods either. My after nexplanon removal period starts Sept 17th. So I guess everyone is different.

Very confused. Still no period after 15 days! How long do I wait? When should I test?

Thanks. I'll do that if nothing happens before then. Good luck ttc 😀

It really is totally unpredictable. First time round after removal I was pregnant within 6 weeks with one small withdrawal bleed inbetween. This time I'm on cycle 3 and no sign of sticky bean yet! Hope you get lucky very soon! X

Good luck to you too! I'm secretly hoping that I will be lucky enough to get pregnant without AF. I've heard some people fall straight away. Probably a bit optimistic but we will see! At least if AF comes I can properly plan out the monthly cycles. Where are you in your cycle?

I am cd 15 and think I am 2DPO. Hoping this month is the month as we have good timing with BD and CM was EWCM after adding in taking evening primrose supplements this month.
I am always really optimistic all the way up to O and then really down in the dumps assuming the worst for the TWW. Not long to wait tho as FFstats says I can test next Friday based on my cycle length.
I hope you get a sneaky one too, this waiting sucks! :)

That does all sound positive! I just noticed our Son's are similar in age. Hugo was born 20/12/2013. The waiting is the hardest. I'm terrible for doing tests even though I know it is too soon!

Yes me too! Tho I took it to new heights yesterday as did an opk got a stark white, checked the packaging and it was an HPT! Testing at 1DPO was a new experience for me lol.
Realistically there is now way I'll hold out. I'm just not going to buy any then I won't be able to test!!
Yes they are similar in age. Dylan was 15days late! He just wasn't keen on making his entry lol.

Haha that is funny. I'm going to do the same and not buy any so I don't keep testing. I must of tested 100 times with my son, and we got pregnant on 3rd cycle after the pill! Wow 15 days late! Hugo was 2 days late bit I was induced so who knows how long he would have kept me waiting! !

I must have been tired last night lol I was cd13 n now cd14 lol

Wish I knew my cycle day! It's been so 19 days since Nexplanon removal

I had a three day bleed after my nexplanon so that's the only reason I know but I don't know if it accurate or if the bleed wasn't a period it was weird.

I'd count it as one anyway! Best of luck this month!

Yeah I would wait a few days and test again? My Dr's said you return to normal straight away? I'm still waiting, it will be 3 weeks tomorrow. Good luck

I had my implant removed this Monday so we can start trying - very excited/nervous! I got condoms because I want to know I've had a period before we officially get started.

I asked and was told fertility returns to normal straight away, but I'm doubtful and having had an implant for about 5 years I just want one period and so I can start with some idea of when I might ovulate... although it's been almost 10 years since I last had a normal cycle, so I don't really know what normal is like for me anymore!

Ilex88 I had mine out 3 and a half weeks ago and still no sign of a period. I asked about waiting for a period and they told me it wasn't necessary. I would like to have a period though so I can be more aware of what is going on. I just feel so much in limbo! I want a bfp or period asap!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->