ttc aged 37 seems like forever bought a clearblue monitor>> advice??

blondebabybun

Reaction score
hi. my hubby and i have been trying on and off most our relationship to fall pregnant without success. it just hasnt happened, i been checked out and he keeps promising to but hasnt as yet. Ive been preg before so know i can do it and he has had kids with ex too. i am ovulating well and everything is a ok on hormone front. i have plenty of er fluid if u get my drift, this month i bougth a clear blue monitor. can i have some advice on it? how would it know what stage im on and when my menstruation due? if i could be pregnant and will it just show lh surge or egg dropping hormone? we have tried and tried and been tog for four yrs. he has in past had probs with ED and ******** ejaculation. but its all cleared up now. he is sixteen yrs older than me. we are both in good physical shape and only down thing is he smokes. anyone got any ideas what could be wrong? what is gonna help us? the doctor wont prescribe me anything and wont fwd us til fella goes for sperm test and i dont wana push the issue. just hoping it will happen..before its too late!! positive answers only ok cos i had some right nasty replies on yahoo answers...

hi. my hubby and i have been trying on and off most our relationship to fall pregnant without success. it just hasnt happened, i been checked out and he keeps promising to but hasnt as yet. Ive been preg before so know i can do it and he has had kids with ex too. i am ovulating well and everything is a ok on hormone front. i have plenty of er fluid if u get my drift, this month i bougth a clear blue monitor. can i have some advice on it? how would it know what stage im on and when my menstruation due? if i could be pregnant and will it just show lh surge or egg dropping hormone? we have tried and tried and been tog for four yrs. he has in past had probs with ED and problems not being able to get to ejaculation. but its all cleared up now. he is sixteen yrs older than me. we are both in good physical shape and only down thing is he smokes. anyone got any ideas what could be wrong? what is gonna help us? the doctor wont prescribe me anything and wont fwd us til fella goes for sperm test and i dont wana push the issue. just hoping it will happen..before its too late!! positive answers only ok cos i had some right nasty replies on yahoo answers...
thanks in advance guys need some gdlk here x

Hi and welcome. I'm sure you won't get nasty replies on here!

You need to set the CBFM on the first day of your cycle, by pressing the m button. That's the first day of full flow bleeding on your period. The machine will just show m for the first few days. When they want you to start testing the flashing stick symbol will appear in the morning. Wee on stick first thing in the morning and then insert in the monitor. After a few mins it will tell you to take it out. This may be from about day 7 of your cycle but check every day whilst the machine is getting used to you. At some point the reading should go to high (2bars) and then peak (3bars plus egg). The length of this varies for everyone. I usually go high around day 12 and ovulate around day 17. After the peak it will go low and stop asking you to wee on the sticks.

I'm not sure where you are but in the UK, it's usual to have bloods and SA before they will refer you to a FS.

Hi Hun,

Just wanted to add that you also have 5 days to set it, i.e. you can set the m button for your period either on day one until day 5.

Keep in mind that if you get your period during the day, after 12 or during the evening you would set the cbfm as day one the next morning. if you get it during the night you'd set it when you get up as cd1) or during the morning (say you're at work or similar) you'd set it for day 2 the next morning. Its how the cbfm reads your periods.

Unlike other opk's it only uses fmu (first morning urine) so you need to make sure you set the cbmf at a time that works for you. You have 3 hours either way of the time you set the button, so 9am means you can test between 6am and 12 noon, which is handy on weekends if you wanna have a lie-in :)

Also, the cbfm will always show you a another peak after the first one, and a high after that. Technically, you really needn't poas after the first peak as the machine is programmed to give you another as the next day will be registered as your ovulation day. I dont anymore tbh and its always worked fine for me.

Dont be alarmed if you seem to use a lot of sticks the first month, as the above poster says, it needs the first month to get to know your cycle. Simlarily, dont be alarmed if you get a lot of highs either, ditto for that.

Here's more useful info about cbfm and their sticks:
https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#14

As far as your parter is concerned, please tell him that doing the sperm test really isnt a big deal! Your GP can order one for him, and in most places he can do one at home and take in to the hospital to drop it off, provided he can get there within an hour or so. My husband did one last summer and thought it was fine, no hassle no embarrassment.

I think its imperative he gets one done as a) you have been checked out and b) men are 50% as likely to have problems as women. Would be a shame if something came up after all this time. Furthermore, if nothing does show up you can move on and explore other options via your dr etc.

All the best and good luck!

:hug: Omi xxx

Hi Girls, I am a bit shy and only just started posting on here. I am 39 and TTC No. 1 for over a year! Took the big step to see the doc last week and I am having my progesterone levels checked in 21 days. I have also bought a CBFM and pressed my "m" button this morning, all new to me, so any advice on the monitor is greatly appreciated, although it does all seem to tell you what to do. Good luck everyone this month :thumbup:

Hi everyone - I'm new here, just bought my CBFM today but unfortunately am Day 6, so have to wait until next cycle to use it, argh. I'm 38, almost 39, been TTC for about 6 months; had blood tests and ultrasound, received results yesterday and they weren't good, which has got me down big-time (though hubby's sperm is fine, one bit of good news). Good luck to everyone x

I have been using the cbfm for first time this month - have a look for my thread in the message board - most important thing I learnt was the correct way to pee on a stick - not s straight forward as you think

Good luck everyone and welcome to the newbies!! :flower:

I've been using the CBFM for the last 3 cycles. I think it's great - really helpful to know the few days leading up to O as well as O. My first 2 cycles I had 3 high days then 2 peak days then 1 high day, on my 3rd cycle it surprised me and went from 1 high day to 2 peaks then 1 high - so my advice would be don't assume anything!!

Also, don't forget that it's important what time you set it for because you only have a 6 hour testing window each day. I set mine for about 7am because occasionally (especially after bedtime BD-ing) I wake up at 4am and need to pee and worry about trying to hold it until it's time to get up! This way I can just get up and do what I need to do - anytime between 4am and 10am!!

:dust:

Hi - just popping from the over 40's forum! Blondebabybun, please get hubby checked - I started TTC when i was 37 and we were too relaxed about everything and took too long for all the tests -finally I got pregnant with lots of medical help, but by then i was 40. One MC later and I wish that people had encouraged me to get help straight away when we started out. Best of luck and have fun with CBFM - I'm on cycle 2 and finding it very useful x

Also, wanted to add the machine is not like the Gestapo :haha: so you could technically set on day 6 if you wanted..it will just ask for sticks a day early..but you can always ignore that :)

I have been using the cbfm for first time this month - have a look for my thread in the message board - most important thing I learnt was the correct way to pee on a stick - not s straight forward as you think

You got me worried now - is there a certain way to POAS then? I have noticed one side of the stick is coated with a film so I always use the other side and point it downwards. Is there anything else you're supposed to do?

So, you get a high reading just before you ovulate then the machine would give you another high the next day (which in theory is the day you are actually ovulating??)

Hi - just popping from the over 40's forum! Blondebabybun, please get hubby checked - I started TTC when i was 37 and we were too relaxed about everything and took too long for all the tests -finally I got pregnant with lots of medical help, but by then i was 40. One MC later and I wish that people had encouraged me to get help straight away when we started out. Best of luck and have fun with CBFM - I'm on cycle 2 and finding it very useful x

:thumbup:

it is embarrassing for chaps but really important to know esp if he is a smoker

have another word with him, hun

xxx

I just purchased one of these on Ebay. I am 40 and will be 41 when I conceive probably. This information is invaluable!

Thanks!

If it is embarrassment your OH is worried about - would he consider doing an "at home" sperm test? There are kits that you can buy online. If these show a problem, it may be easier to convince him to get checked out with his Dr. I'm not sure how accurate the tests are, I think they only test for count.

My hubby went to the GP last week for asked for a test and he was given a home kit where he has to DTD at home, stick it in a pot and get it to the hospital within an hour. He has to make an appointment upfront.

Its not like what you see in the movies where DH is banging one off in some clinical room with a copy of Jugs magazine in hand lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->