Ttc and already 2ww?!!!

peskipiksee

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name shows as peskipiksee but please, call me peski for short.

My DH and I have decided to go for baby #2 after 9 years, when my daughter was born. I am 33 and he just turned 35 so we felt the time was right.

I just had my IUD removed 2 weeks ago and just finished AF on Saturday. I had started using OPK's before AF showed up to get a handle on it and I got the hang of it pretty quick. Just as my AF was ending, I started using the OPK's to see if there was any news on the baby front but, of course, there was nothing. Saturday, nothing. Sunday afternoon, nothing. Sunday night - something. The OPK on Sunday night suddenly had the line showing up faster and before that test had finished, I grabbed a second and dipped the stick. Same outcome. I waited 6 minutes before going to look at the lines and they were nearly as dark as the control line.

It was around this time that I noticed my CM had changed and had become very thin and watery. I also felt what I believe may have been mittleschmerz, that crampy twinge some of us feel around OV. I figured why not try and go for it, so hubby and I BDed. About 6 hours later, when I got up this morning, I went to the bathroom and wiped. My CM had changed from thin and watery to that EWCM we watch for. Of course, we immediately went for BD and now I'm wondering how this all went down so quickly. :shrug:

I'm on CD#9 and if it's what I think it was, FXed, I'm now playing the waiting game. I still don't understand how everything moved so quickly and I'm still keeping and eye on things "downstairs". I'll be testing on the 17/18th of April. Anyone else in the same boat want to wait with me?

I've heard of this happening to others before, getting a BFP just 3 weeks after their last AF. Glad you caught it, and hope it results in a sticky pregnancy! Best of luck!

p.s., is your name a Harry Potter reference?

I just can't stand the waiting and I've only just started it! I can hear the song "Final Countdown" as I sit and wait.

And yes, it is a reference to Harry Potter. I started using the name a few years ago and I've never seen anyone else with it.

I'm due April 17 for af too...although I'm sure I'll end up testing around the 14th or so.

Good thing you caught it so quick so you could get down to business!

The reason for the confusion is it seems that I basically OV right after AF finished. I have a fairly short cycle of 21-22 days. So the main question is: is it really possible to OV so soon after AF? 24 hours after it's ended?

YEH HARRY POTTER REFERENCE!! i didn't want to ask when i saw your name on another thread, i am SO glad someone else did!!!

It could be that your IUD removal caused early ovulation, i've heard of that before, like the period wasnt 'a real period' and your ovulation was triggered by the IUD removal... if i make any sense which i dont think i am XD

kittykat, I was thinking that as well but I had the standard "copper T" IUD and not the Mirena. My body hates synthetic hormones as I quickly learned when taking the pill when I was younger. Gives me nasty migraines that can last for a week without end.

For now, I'm just sitting and waiting for a minimum of 10 DPO so I can try an HPT and get a more accurate result.

I too am bearing the 2WW. Mine started today though- and will probably drag on! best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->