TTC and booking a holiday??

sept10

Mum to 1
Reaction score
Me and DH are TTC#1. We are on cycle5 now. We suggested to a friend of ours about going on holidays on june. DH and our friend have decided on florida (we live in england) and we were all pretty excited about it

Now i'm a bit nervous.....i mean we might still be TTC by then or we could be anywere from 20weeks to 4weeks preggo:shrug:!!!! what do people think, a long haul flight and a 2week holiday....good idea, help us to relaxe etc or bad idea as too risky incase i'm preggo???? The frustrating thing is i might not be pregnant at all by then:growlmad:

any advice appreciated???

My Dr always said that I could go on vacation up to my last month. I never flew. So you might need to check out. I would think it would be ok but I am not a dr. As far as ttc, it would be cute to bring a little extra something home! LOL

Check with the airline. Most as long as your pregnancy is healthy let you fly up to 36 weeks with a fit to fly note from midwife or doctor.

OH and I were NTNP from our wedding in August then in October booked a holiday to Spain not as far but i did check the airline and we started using condoms until I got to 1st December then started again this was purely because if i fell before then i would be due when we were supposed to go away.

Personally I would go for it, I'd be kicking myself if I didnt book, then couldn't nearer the time.

We're in a similar position, on month 4 of TTC and just starting to think about holidays. I figure may as well go whilst you have the chance! Flying is fine up til the last month, the only thing if you were in early pregnancy and getting morning sickness it might spoil things a little bit, but you could keep putting life on hold forever "just in case".

Definately go for it, if you are pregnant before, just get Dr checkup to reassure yourself before you go! If not, well the holiday may be just the relaxing break from TTC you need to make it happen! :winkwink:

Good luck!

It is perfectly safe to fly, the worry is more about eating safe food (florida should be fine), how you would feel stuck on a plane with all the symptoms and the hot weather. Not sure in Florida where yr going but if its Orlando you would miss out on basically all the rides!x

My understanding is that flying doesn't pose a risk to the baby or increase the chance of mc or early labour. The problem lies in the fact that if someone happens to have a mc mid-flight then being way up in the sky probably isn't the most comfortable place to be... At the other end, if baba decides to make an early appearance then you'd better hope there's a doctor on board!!
If the latest you'll be is 20 weeks then I'd say go for it! I personally would have no reservations about flying until I was in the last 6 weeks or so, but that's just me! Make whatever decision feels comfortable for you...:flower:
(just make sure to take out travel insurance just in case if, when the time comes, you are pg and your dr doesn't think it's safe for you to fly you'll be covered for the costs...)

It is perfectly safe to fly, the worry is more about eating safe food (florida should be fine), how you would feel stuck on a plane with all the symptoms and the hot weather. Not sure in Florida where yr going but if its Orlando you would miss out on basically all the rides!x

Thanks for all the reassurance ladies...beginning to get excited about it again now....think i just a bit of a wobbler:wacko:

i'm not too worried in missing out on the rides ladygaga as i'm not one for big rides anyway....

well heres hoping i'm a good 20weeks preggo.....:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"