ttc and breastfeeding and stupid opks

corrie anne

Mom of 7 girls and 4 boys
Reaction score
I am ttcing and my little girl is almost 11 months. We started ttcing my last cycle. Which was my first cycle since birth. So she was 9,5 months old. I got a + opk on the 22nd of sept and O'd on the 23rd. I was so happy i caught it but i was devastated when i started my period on the 29th at 6 dpo(which i never have ever had a short LP) Well, i am now still waiting to ovulate. Im on cd42. My opk strips are darker in the morning and barely there in the afternoon, I had a pos(both lines were the same darkness)this morning but just took one and again its barely there. Why is this happening? I have been getting darker opks in the am and light ones in the afternoon and i know the one from this morning was pos. Im so confused.

Could you not have ovulated in the night and caught the end of the surge in the morning? If not perhaps your urine isnt concentrated enough in the PM? I think you need to hold it for 3 - 4 hours.

I am also TTC and breastfeeding, my luteal phase started out at 6 days, then 7, then 6 and then 8 with the help of vitamin b complex, very discouraging as it was 12-13 days before having my son. If it doesnt improve it may be worth trying the vitamin B, im taking 50mg per day and hoping for a 9 day lp this cycle. Good luck to you!

It is very common to have a short LP while bf, your cycles will take a while to get back to 'normal'. I am still bf my nearly 2yo and my af came back a little while ago but my cycle was only 21 days long!! So I was getting af every 2 weeks!!( it's now 25 days long and we are ttc fx) Don't worry it will sort its self out. Are you still bf at night? Xxx

She bf more at night than during the day. I don't mind and she certainly wont change her ways!! lol. Im confused by the opks though, and I am really thinking that it is the brand. Wondfo. I switched them on Halloween I got very close to a pos opk on the old ones and was surprised how the new ones differed I was thinking maybe I ovulated already right when I switched opk brands but I didn't feel O pains, I have been crampyon those days too but last cycle(which was my first since having her) my O pains were so intense. But if I did I would be 9dpo(and I cant remember if we even dtd) So can I have likes on an opk after ovulating? I thought they go back to stark white after Ovulating. Im just so confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->