TTC and holiday plans...

MrsD140810

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We are just starting TTC for number 2. My husband turns 30 in May and wants to go on holiday. He suggested going abroad, as we're having a holiday with all his family in this country in July.

I'm apprehensive whether to book a holiday abroad incase I'm pregnant. I know it's perfectly safe to fly until 3rd trimester. However, before I fell pregnant with my daughter I had a complicated miscarriage which resulted in emergency keyhole surgery due to fears I was having an ectopic pregnancy. (It turned out not to be) I was 7 weeks pregnant and started bleeding when we were on holiday in Zante. Luckily we made it back in time for me to go hospital.

I guess I'm just worried of something happening again, or being stuck abroad and have a miscarriage etc. Am I being paranoid? We are looking at Canary Islands (we're in England) so it'll only be about a 3-4 hour flight. Is life too short to worry about something that is just a possibility?

How's about banking the money or setting it aside so that you can book a late deal if you aren't pregnant at that time, or are pregnant but feel OK to fly?

I'd be the same I think, pregnancy is such a worrying time especially if you've already had a loss, and if God forbid anything did happen, I'd want it to happen at home. Usually I'm the type of person that doesn't postpone things 'just in case this or that happened' but for me pregnancy is the exception to that rule. Best of luck with the ttc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->