TTC and hypothyroidism.

Gemx4

Reaction score
Hello!!
Just wondering if anyone else ttc on here has hypothyroidism?
It's been months since I was first diagnosed and given medication after tests due to a long period of ttc and we're still not having any luck :(
I've fallen pregnant fairly easily and quickly before so this has been a bit of a shock.
I know other people are ttc baby number1 and I should be grateful I have my little ones already but it's still upsetting that this isn't happening for us again :(

I don't have any experience myself but my mum has suffered with her thyroid for years now. It's much more under control than it was, however. I've seen the nightmare it can cause though, big hugs to you x

I'm on synthroid and ttc#2 so i totally get it. I know untreated hypothyroidism can cause fertility problems and problems with the baby's development if you do get pregnant so it's good that you're on meds! Have you had another test since you've been on medication to make sure it's doing it's job?

Yes I have been having my bloods every two and at the last test she said I was just a bit off normal so upped my dose hopefully for the last time!
It's just really getting me down now and I'm questioning everything to absolute ridiculousness like omg I musn't get up after ttc I need to lay down and put my legs up. I shouldn't go to the toilet etc etc. Even found myself wondering if having a bath the next day was affecting my chances by washing away the sperm! I sound crazy and I'm well aware of that :p

I haven't been diagnosed with hypothyroidism but I was put on synthroid when ttc #1, my TSH was at the top of the normal range but my OB advised it should be lower. What level was your last test? I was told it should be around 2 for pregnancy.
I finally got my bfp a few months later and then stopped taking it when my LO was born.
I've just started again this month for ttc #2 and hoping it won't take as long as last time!

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism in 2007 but had the symptoms since I was about 10 and was just getting sicker and sicker. I didn't get correct treatment until 2011, and I got pregnant just 2 months after my Synthroid dosage was worked out (after 18 months total TTC). I was also eating low carb at the time to help balance sex hormones. I have gotten pregnant very easily since my dosage was worked out. I really hope you get this sorted and get your baby. There are other natural ways to help your thyroid levels, and eating low carb is one of them, so if you're willing to check into that, it might help.

Thanks ladies!
The last two days I have been getting positive results on the clearblue ovulation test so I'm hoping that I'm ovulating again and the test isn't just a fluke!

I also have hypothyroid and have been on L-Thyrox since Aug '16. I just had blood tests done 2 weeks ago and my levels were "good enough" for my GP, at 2.9, even though he knows we're ttc and the level raised a red flag for infertility.
I told my gyn this a few days ago and he just said, "Yeah, 2.9 isn't very good," but didn't say anything about adjusting my dose, himself. He took blood tests on Monday, so I find out in one week what those results are and if there are any other hormonal problems. I'm really hoping someone wants to adjust my L-Thyrox though, since it's obviously high enough to cause period irregularity. :?

Glad to hear you had a positive O test! I have had diagnosed hypothyroidism for the past 7 years (I was diagnosed very young) but the medication has not needed an increased dose for the past 2 years, only increased 3 times and it's still a pretty low level. I've been on levothyroxine the whole time. I think since mine is stable, it's not effecting my chances to become pregnant, but I know my primary care provider did tell me that it will need to be watched more closely when pregnant. Best of luck to you!

The nice thing about TTC with hypothyroidism is that a lot of the things that make your thyroid levels worse (unhealthy eating, lack of exercise, excessive caffeine, alcohol, smoking, etc.) also are bad for TTC. If you're worried about your levels being a bit too high but your doc isn't adjusting your dose, you could also try eliminating some of the hypothyroid triggers. I haven't researched a ton lately but I know that even certain vegetables (like broccoli, I think) can be bad for it. GL!

I started suffering with it shortly after I gave birth to my fourth baby, having a fifth baby boosted it to monsterous levels. Breastfeeding made it more prominent especially on �� summer days, however.... I got through it and we're now TTC #6 (please excuse my ticker, it has reset itself from when I was pregnant with my son) you should be fine so long as you go for regular check ups. I haven't ever taken medication for my hypothyroidism, but I will once this next baby (if we ever conceive) has fully weaned itself xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"