TTC and hypothyroidism.

Gemx4

Reaction score
Hello!!
Just wondering if anyone else ttc on here has hypothyroidism?
It's been months since I was first diagnosed and given medication after tests due to a long period of ttc and we're still not having any luck
I've fallen pregnant fairly easily and quickly before so this has been a bit of a shock.
I know other people are ttc baby number1 and I should be grateful I have my little ones already but it's still upsetting that this isn't happening for us again

Hi there, I realize your post is from a while ago, but I thought I would respond anyway.

I suffer from Hypothyroidism as well, although it is very mild and wasn't diagnosed until I had been TTC for around 14 cycles. I went on a low dose of synthroid and my level went down to a 1.5 (ideal fertile range is between 0.5 - 2.0)
I conceived my very next cycle, 15 cycles (1.5years) of trying to get pregnant. I was certain it was my thyroid that was preventing pregnancy. I also added some natural fertility boosters to my life. For example, healthier super foods, one to be specific was Maca Root Powder. I was on Maca Root for 3 months when I conceived and it helped my cycles go from 34 days to finally 28 when I fell pregnant.

Fast forward to now and we have been TTC #2 since September. I am thinking of having my levels re-tested again, they were within normal range before Christmas however I have had hair loss and weight gain recently, which was a clear indication before that my levels were out of whack.

Same here x I became fertile and was able to maintain my pregnancy once my TSH had dropped to this level

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->