TTC And starting to feel alone :(

clucas1988

Reaction score
hey guys, been ttc since november ..not long i know...but still...we all know how it feels.
one of my best friends got pregnant 1st time and we used 2 be so close and we used to always share our baby wants etc and now she totally blanks me from her baby stuff...shes turned pretty hormonal, which is fine, as i guess thats what having a baby does to you.
i dont feel i can talk to any of my friends about it, as theyve either got their own problems or i dont feel close enough to talk about it with them.
i dont have my mum around, and i come from family of guys!
my cycles have been messed up, last period was boxing day! (am due i think any day now as ov 12-2-14)
its hard enough anyway but i think its quite isolating going through something so personal. is this just me who feels like it??

hmm. its not as fun as i thought it would be ttc with my lovely hubby.
please let me know if you have similar or anything.
x

hey guys, been ttc since november ..not long i know...but still...we all know how it feels.
one of my best friends got pregnant 1st time and we used 2 be so close and we used to always share our baby wants etc and now she totally blanks me from her baby stuff...shes turned pretty hormonal, which is fine, as i guess thats what having a baby does to you.
i dont feel i can talk to any of my friends about it, as theyve either got their own problems or i dont feel close enough to talk about it with them.
my cycles have been messed up, last period was boxing day! (am due i think any day now as ov 12-2-14)
its hard enough anyway but i think its quite isolating going through something so personal. is this just me who feels like it??

x

What you are going is completely normal. Believe me I know. I felt like you when I was TTC my first. I got pregnant on the first cycle of trying but it ended in a miscarriage. After that point it took me an entire year to conceive. It certainly added stress to our marriage because we were constantly being let down with BFN's and wondering why it wasn't happening for us.

Some things you can do to help yourself get through this:
1. Come here and share, we are all in the same boat. This forum really helped me get through tough times. We are your baby and bump friends!!!

2. Try to stay positive. I know it could be hard. I like to pray on it and then let it go.

3. Think of ways and things to do differently next time (this always made me focus on the goal and not stay stuck in a depressed state)

4. Believe that it will happen for you when the time is right. Your body knows what it is doing.

5. Don't compare yourself to others. Some will get a BFP the first try with no effort. Others of us may have to work at it harder.

Please don't be discouraged. We are here for you. :flower: Going through it with you!!!

:hugs:

thankyou so much :hugs::hugs:
i know deep down what id say to someone in the same boat, but i think its easy to become consumed by it, and set backs etc make it seem like huge hurdles to get over.
thankyou for sharing your story with me, i really cant imagine how you felt, that must of been horrendous. :(
im a really positive person normally, so im sure ill get back up and try again! its just today i want to cry lol so silly.
thanks so much again your post really made me feel better, and i think i might use the page alot more from now on. xxxx

your welcome hun! It's ok to cry. It is hard TTC. It takes a toll on you mentally and physically. But get back on track! You are going to get your BFP one day and you will be soooo happy. Just enjoy your time now with your hubbie...believe me, enjoy it as much as you can because as soon as you have a little munchkin hanging around things will change and become more hectic.

Have fun with it!!! You can do it. If you ever need to talk don't hesitate to message me.

You are not alone for sure! I understand your isolation...I have no friends who are interested in supporting me at all. They immediately change the subject whenever I bring it up. DH gets tired of hearing about all my female problems. We are ttc since August with no luck yet. You have come to the right place for support. There are lots of friendly supportive people on this site who can give you good advice (Like JelStar above me who had some great advice!)! You are not alone! :hugs:

Def. not alone in this feeling. I feel alone...we decided to keep it hush hush till after the "safe" zone...but I am dying to just scream it to the world...

Thanks guys :)
Its so comforting to know that other ladies all around the world feel the same, and we all have the same goal in mind in the end. which is so nice to hear!
My dreaded AF came in the middle of the night, absolute agony aswell! so maybe when i posted the post i did, i was very hormonal!
but still true, it can bring you down so much!
Im being positive, i missed a month of AF , and it scared me! I started thinking maybe i had problems, but I have had AFs other than that one month. so i should calm down and stay positive! i cannot even count how many pregnany tests i have done, i actually feel like laughing at how ridiculous i have been , its because i want to be a mummy so badly! like really badly!
Thanks again you lovely ladies for making me feel 'normal' i was starting to think i was the only woman on the planet feeling like that.
Big love to you all, and best wishes on the baby hunt! xxx:flower:

x

What you are going is completely normal. Believe me I know. I felt like you when I was TTC my first. I got pregnant on the first cycle of trying but it ended in a miscarriage. After that point it took me an entire year to conceive. It certainly added stress to our marriage because we were constantly being let down with BFN's and wondering why it wasn't happening for us.

Some things you can do to help yourself get through this:
1. Come here and share, we are all in the same boat. This forum really helped me get through tough times. We are your baby and bump friends!!!

2. Try to stay positive. I know it could be hard. I like to pray on it and then let it go.

3. Think of ways and things to do differently next time (this always made me focus on the goal and not stay stuck in a depressed state)

4. Believe that it will happen for you when the time is right. Your body knows what it is doing.

5. Don't compare yourself to others. Some will get a BFP the first try with no effort. Others of us may have to work at it harder.

Please don't be discouraged. We are here for you. :flower: Going through it with you!!!

:hugs:

...and to be honest, I think sharing here is better than doing so with ppl that dont get it...you get so many frustrating comments and stupid advices that make you wish you didn say anything. And yes, just believe it will happen...what helped me was instead of thinking ill get pregnant this month, or this time, I put longer "timelines", and meanwhile took on projects that with a baby i couldnt (post grad, overtime at work, lose weight, yoga, swimming...just kept busy)...
You are not alone...message me whenever you feel down. :hugs:

yeah ive thought about swimming and stuff!
im feeling better now, it was more the worry of no AF for 2 months.
but now the lovely lady has appeared i feel a little better.
yoga sounds good too! :)
im going to try and not talk about with friends, and stick to here.
everyone has been so understanding and its just nice talking to people in the same boat.
:) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"