TTC and Vitex

Grateful365

Very Proud Mommy, #3 OTW!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!!! I've been reading many interesting things about Vitex and wondering if it could help to promote ovulation?? Anyone have any success stories or info??

Yes!! I have PCOS so was always having irregular cycles of between 30-45 days.

We wanted to TTC straight after our wedding so I started taking it for 3 months before that. Literally within one cycle I went to 29 days, had more ewcm and less PMT.

When we started TTC, I was pregnant within 6 weeks!

I had lost a little weight before the wedding so it's possible that helped too but the agnus castus worked wonders for me.

I should've started it again before TTC #2 as I'm back to being very irregular but I'm too impatient! I'm mid way through the ttw and not feeling confident we caught it this month so I plan to start it again on CD1 x

I started vitex mid cycle before this one. So this was my first full cycle on it. I got a faint positive on an ic today! So it definitely worked and definitely made me ovulate. Before starting it I had had an 80 day and a 50 day annovulatory cycles.

KylasBaby! That's awesome news!! Fingers, toes, eyes etc crossed for a very sticky bean!!

Out if interest, do you keep taking it during pregnancy? I only took it to kick start things when we weren't actually TTCing so keen to know how you take it when you are TTCing x

I plan to continue it, yes. Then either start weaning at 12 weeks or start around 11 weeks.

Eeeekkkk! This gives me hope!! Thanks ladies!!

FX'd tightly for both of you :flower:

So do you take it just until O and then not during the 2ww? Or through the whole cycle non-stop?

Vitex needs o build up in your cycle. So if you only take it until O and not during the TWW the next time you use it is essentially starting from scratch. So you'll want to take it the whole cycle or it won't have time to build up.

It's also a personal choice durin pregnancy some stop it and have miscarriages some stop without an issue. I have Pcos and with that comes progesterone problems which vitex helps so I will be taking it until the first trimester is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->