TTC and weight gain

apple84

Reaction score
I am still waiting until next month to TTC, but already I notice myself gaining weight. Is this a common problem while TTC? I guess it's easy to forget about keeping your figure when you are actively trying to get pregnant. I'm worried now - if it takes a while to conceive I'm worried I'll gain a pile of weight before I even get pregnant!

Those of you have been trying for a while, how do you keep yourself from gaining weight while TTC?

Hi Apple84
I wonder if it might be that we "eat our anxiety and difficult feelings"? That happens so often even when not TTC, that it seems to make sense that because we have even more difficult to digest feelings in this difficult, exciting and stressful time, our food consumption may increase.

What do you think?

x x

Ive noticed ive put a few pounds on and i think its because I do running and every 2 weeks i wont run for the 2 week wait incase i dislodge the eggy haha so ive reduced my excercise.

Hi Apple84
I wonder if it might be that we "eat our anxiety and difficult feelings"? That happens so often even when not TTC, that it seems to make sense that because we have even more difficult to digest feelings in this difficult, exciting and stressful time, our food consumption may increase.

What do you think?

x x

It certainly could be that. I wonder if it also has to do with not wanting to under nourish your body when preparing for pregnancy. It's easier to eat a handful of nuts and tell myself they're full of good nutrients for my future baby, instead of telling myself I don't need the extra calories.

I think I have put on a bit of weight, although the lovely dh denies it! Because I used to do a lot of exercise, running 5 times a week for an hour and once a week for 90 mins as well as swimming and other fitness training and was advised to cut back now we are ttc as too much exercise can reduce chances! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->