TTC ater NuvaRing. Who Else?

marandaclaire

Reaction score
Hey yall! Just wondering if any of you all can share your experiences of TTC after NuvaRing. I am on cycle 2 after removing my nuvaring on the proper day (So I waited until the cycle was finished and took it out for my period time and never put it back in) Just wondering if someone could chat with me about this. I have many questions!

I am! I was on the nuvaring for the last three years and stopped in October. Before that, I was on various pills, totaling seven years total on birth control. What questions do you have?

Well I was wondering how long (if yet) it took you to get your cycle back to normal? Also, I have been using OPKs this month and I got a positive yesterday and some CM (water like) and then I got a positive today and no cm. I have also had water like CM since I stopped BC and no EWCM and I was wondering if you have experienced any of these things. And also, if youve ever had a positive OPK (if you use them) without ovulating due to the Nuvaring and your cycle not being on track or if you use OPKs, each time you got a positive you ovulated. Sorry, just very new to this

I don't even want to reply because I don't want to discourage you in the least. I want to say that it is probably just MY body that is effed up, and not anything caused by the nuvaring (hopefully) But I've been trying for four years now and have yet to get a single BFP. Everything has been checked between me and hubby and we are both fine. :( Anyway, I didn't want to read and run, but I also don't want to discourage you either.

I was on Nuvaring for about 1.5 to 2 years leading up to December 2010 when I started TTC my son. I got my BFP in February which was the 2nd or 3rd cycle. It was the 2nd cycle that I tested and got positive OPK. I don't remember the specifics about cm and my first cycle off Nuvaring but it got normal quickly I'd say!
Good luck!!

Beeptime: I am so sorry! That must be exhausting. But thank you for putting your input in even though it might scare me. I appreciate it. I will take any information good or bad. Have your cycles gotten back to normal? Or is that the problem? and if they are normal, how long did that take for you?

Candice Sj: Yeah this is my first cycle using OPKs and I hope I actually ovulated because I got my LH surge but ive heard that sometimes (espically after BC) you dont ovulate. Do you think I ovulated? Did you go through any point in time where you didnt ovulate after Nuvring? My cycles have been pretty normal since getting off although a little short. So You got a pos Hpt on the 3rd cycle? What were your cycles like after Nuva Ring? (like how long and any sort of info you want to share) Thanks much! :)

Candice Sj: Yeah this is my first cycle using OPKs and I hope I actually ovulated because I got my LH surge but ive heard that sometimes (espically after BC) you dont ovulate. Do you think I ovulated? Did you go through any point in time where you didnt ovulate after Nuvring? My cycles have been pretty normal since getting off although a little short. So You got a pos Hpt on the 3rd cycle? What were your cycles like after Nuva Ring? (like how long and any sort of info you want to share) Thanks much! :)

I went back in time to threads that I started in 2010. I definitely needed my memory refreshed! In December 2010 I wrote that I finished my birth control pills in September 2010 (not December turns out), was having cycles of 29-40 days, we were NTNP and having sex only about once a week (weekends) until the cycle we conceived, when I decided to use OPKs to know when to DTD and that was an ovulation date of early Feb 2011 when we conceived, announced BFP mid-Feb 2011.

In January 2011, I was "late" 6 days getting my period. I hadn't used OPKs or any other TTC method so I didn't really have any real idea of when I ovulated so really it was a longer-than-normal cycle for me, even 4 months after finishing with Nuvaring.

So I think it was more 4-5 cycles to conceive, the beginning of it only being off birth control without added BD. This message board knows more about it than I did lol

So to try and answer the questions... From what I understand about our cycles, it's the ovulation that will trigger us having our period 12-16 days later (or no period if we're pregnant of course), so even though our cycles are not the same length right after birth control, I believe we DO ovulate, we just have a harder time predicting when (we will have a better idea when we get our period or when we get a BFP). But if you got your positive OPK, I would think you were on your way to ovulation!

I was on nuvaring for quite a few years. Went off it and my cycles were short @22 days but they did start to get to 26 days after 3-4 months. I ovulated for sure on time about 2 months after ending nuvaring and got a bfp on my 6th cycle of trying. They say wait 3 months for it to get out of your system and to get back to regular cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->